Chapter 6

Aran looks at his brother, not even bothering to hide the self satisfied smirk. Soon this man and his children will be out of his way.

His brother is going to succumb to grief. The public will eat up how he died of a broken heart at the loss of the crown prince. Then there would be the shocking news that the death of the crown prince was a conspiracy by the princes and princesses who wanted to remove their brother from the throne because he was an omega.

The last obstacles to the throne would be removed. Then Aran would find some empty headed omega bitch to ensure his own lineage. Aran hates omegas but they do serve a purpose.

He leaves his brother's room and frowns when he sees two men at the end of the hall. They are two well dressed to be servants. In fact he even recognizes one of them, councilman Sadka's son.

“What are you doing here?” He snaps causing the boys to jump.

“Sorry, sir.” The councilman's son says. Aran thinks his name is Sig. “My friend here was looking for a maid, she usually works in this wing of the palace.”

Aran bites back a smile. Trust boys this age to be ruled by something else other than their brains.

“No maids here now.” Aran tells them, with a friendly voice. He'll need the council on his side for now and it doesn't hurt to be nice to their children. “This wing has been closed off.”

“Aww, too bad.” Sig says, “Come on Por, we'll just make a visit to the local omega house. My treat.”

Aran watches them go, keeping the friendly expression in his face. He secretly hopes the boys catch something from those omega prostitutes.

Outside the palace walls, Sig and Por pass Ple, but don't look her way.

“East Wing,” Sig whispers, “All the servants have been sent away. Tell Som I will be around to see him later.”

Ple nods once to show she understands both messages.

Ple passes the message about the east wing onto the beggar that is once again sitting near the marketplace. She whispers the message to him as she drops a few coins in his bowl.

“Thank you, kind and beautiful lady.” He says, making her roll her eyes.

Pai relates the message from Sig before going to wash off his beggar disguise.

“East Wing? Are they sure?” Rain asks.

“The fact the servants are being kept away seems to suggest so.” Pai says.

“So if we can get past the east gate?” Rain asks.

“We can scout, but most likely you uncle has the east gate well guarded by his own people. One of the other gates would be easier, but gives more danger if being spotted.” Phayu says. “If you would let someone else go.”

Rain is already shaking his head. “I need to see my father for myself, and my brothers and sisters if I can.”

“It's dangerous.” Phayu says with a frown.

“Being the crown prince is dangerous.” Rain reminds him.

“He has a point, Yu. You can't protect Rain from who he is.” Pai says.

“No that's your job,” Phayu growls. “I swear if you let anything happen to Rain, I will take it out of your hide.”

“My Sky,” P'Pai whines, “You see how he talks to me.”

“I will help Phayu if you let anything happen to Rain.” Sky says causing Pai to pout and Rain to grin.

The east gate was not only being guarded by Aran’s men but no one was being allowed in that way. More problematic was even at the west gate people were being closely searched and more than half the people looking to gain admission were being turned away. There was no way to enter unobserved.