5

Taraji's POV

We shared a burger, not because we had to, because we wanted to.

Spending these last few days with her has made me find the will to live again. Gave me the push and desire to rediscover myself. Everything I've spent so much of my time avoiding, I feel like I'm ready to face so that I am better for me. Better for her.

I was the only one up, still driving, we had  been on the road for almost four hours. I decided to find a spot to catch some rest for myself. I drove by a beach, and it wasn't until I was a few miles away that I chose to turn around and head back there. I looked over at my Tasia, as I parked, making sure she was still resting and I hadn't woken her up. I got out of the car as quiet as I could and went to the trunk to grab blankets and pillows. My mother always told me to carry blankets and pillows in the car trunk. She would say, " You never know, you might need them." I still find it weird but nights like these makes me grateful I listened.

I leaned over Fantasia and placed one of the pillows under her head and covered her up with a blanket. I noticed her scarf hanging out of her purse, so I took it upon myself to wrap her hair up.  I was starting to realize how hard of a sleeper she was, unlike me, I could wake up from the softest noise.

I turned the car off, locked the doors, leaned my chair back, wrapped my hair and started counting sheep.

The next morning...

The heat from the sun beamed on my face, it sort of felt like I was in hell. I woke up to adjust myself and caught Fantasia looking right at me.

" You sure do know how to snore, girl." She made fun of me in the most innocent way.

Waking up seeing her face immediately puts me in a good mood. It's something so safe and accepting about her presence. The happiness I felt, being able to open my eyes and she's the first person I see, makes me proud that I have eyes to see in the first place.

" I was snoring really bad?" I felt the embarrassment creeping up on me. I didn't really want her to hear me snoring this early on.

" It wasn't that bad. I just like picking with you." She smirked

I just can't stop looking at her. She's so beautiful and she does all the right things for me. If there was a way to blend our spirits into one, so that we could always be with each other, I would  do it.

" I see you still trying to rest, but I wanted to let you know that I'm going to that store over there to get a few things for us to freshen up." Fantasia grabbed her purse and walked over to the convenience store.

I could see her walking away through the rear-view mirror, and baby, I loved what I was seeing.

It wasn't long before I was off to sleep again.

Fantasia's POV

That woman really has me in the palm of her hands. I'm wrapped around her finger and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I looked around the store and my eyes landed on these flowers. They were pink tulips. It made me think of her so I bought them. I got our essentials so we would be fresh and I headed back to the car.

It was a really nice day outside. I don't know if it was because my body was full of love, but the day felt fresh.

To my surprise, Taraji was up and already fixing herself up.

" Hey, boo, I went over to that food truck and got us something to eat. I think we should eat by the water. What do you think?"

"We." was all I could think for the moment. Her consideration was so attractive. It really turned me on, but I felt like she wanted to take things slowly when it came to being intimate and I respect that deeply.