Chapter 8 [Flukes & Fights]

!Note!

I'd count this as a Non-DMN chapter.

"I have an idea," Ghost said. The Hollow Knight fiddled around with their nail, strapping it to their back. "We could go scout Howling Cliffs for the strange bug, though I'd first need to get a Mantis Claw for Ollie. I think there's a relic there too actually."

"Sounds plausible," Hornet said.

"Mhm."  The Hollow Knight nodded, "I'm a bit hungry right now though,"

"Now that you mention it, I'm slightly hungry too." Ghost said. "Guess I'm a hungry little knight now,"

The Hollow Knight giggled. "Ghost's the hungry Knight now,"

The three laughed.

"So, what food should we go make or find? I was thinking of getting stuff from Royal Waterways to help us with that kind of thing.." Ghost said.

"I can't seem to recall any potential recipes as of the moment.." Hornet said. " I personally never was a fan of the meat from the Flukes in Royal Waterways. But it is very possible that there's a recipe I don't know that tastes better than what I've experienced."

"Well, who'd know such a recipe?" Ghost asked.

"Possibly Lurien the Watcher, Fluke meat was considered a delicacy to some members of Hallownest. Likely the upperclass.." Hornet trailed off.

"Good idea, we should go pay Lurien a visit. He's probably lonely anyway," Ghost's eyes formed happy crescents. They picked up their nail from a corner. "Off to the City of Tears now?"

"Gladly,"

"Yup."

The three bugs trod off to the old capital, walking on the paths of Forgotten Crossroads. Reaching the city, they passed the memorial fountain and scaled the Watcher's Spire. The trio went up the lift to where Lurien dwelled. Lurien himself was gazing at the distance through large windows nearby. He turned when he heard the trio arrive.

"Welcome, visitors. The journey to this place is not one easy, so I suspect you've come not just to visit." Lurien said, greeting the trio.

"Correct," Hornet said. "We've come to see if you have a good recipe for preparing Fluke meat."

Lurien thought for a moment. "I do, actually. There's a simple one I remember, rumor was that sometimes hunters would make it when they had the necessary materials. If you were to attempt to create it.. could I lend a hand? It's quite lonesome here..." Lurien sighed.

"Of course," Ghost said cheerfully. "What do we need for the recipe?"

"Fluke meat, preferably that of a Flukemunga. What supplies do you have?"

"Uh, some sweet Hiveblood, salt, and there's a spring with hot water in Forgotten Crossroads near our house. We have an old pot, some spoons, some bowls and Hornet knows how to start a fire." Ghost listed.

Lurien nodded, listening. "I suppose our supplies are adequate enough. Do you have a flat surface in which you could use to cook food above a fire?"

"We have some metal skewers,"

Lurien thought for a moment. "I suspect that won't work." He said.

"Hm..."

"..It would be possible to rummage through Royal Waterways for a piece of junk shaped right for the job," Hornet commented.

"We should go looking then, it's not that far from Royal Waterways from here." Ghost said. "We could get some Fluke meat on the way too,"

Lurien nodded. "When you're done with gathering, I'd gladly join your trio to aid in the cooking process."