Chapter 7: The Wait is Over

Waking up engulfed in warm arms with a certain smell of hairspray was always the best start to my day possible.

I honestly don't even remember how I got here, weren't we in a fight?

My cheek was pressed to his chest as I laid ontop of him.. I felt my heart beat go faster at how intimate our position was, sure we occasionally.. 'cuddled', but I was fully lying ontop of him while he laid on his back. This isn't something normal people do with their friends, I even felt his hand lightly and gently caressing my back.

I opened my eyes, cringed at the lights, I lifted my head to see him with his eyes closed and his hand had stopped caressing me, maybe he fell back asleep.

My eyes were heavy and dry, I rested my head back down and closed my eyes again, as I started to think back to any events of last night that I could remember.

The sudden sting coming from my hand reminded me—

Thats right, I broke my bong, I remember that.

Looking down to see my hand wrapped in a white bandage, memories of Johnnie cleaning me up popped to my head. I don't remember much if im being honest, I couldn't remember any specific moments, only that it had happened.

But one thing I do remember vividly is I was laying on his bed, and he told me something that I have been waiting to hear ever since I meant him.

The 3 words repeated in my head.

"I need you."

I felt my face blush as if he just told me it now.
That was real, right? I'm not insane and making it up?

No, it was real. I remember what happened after too.

I was completely speechless after he said it, (not to mention, I was still stoned), and he had walked out of the room to do whatever he said he was gonna do, I can't remember that part because it wasn't important.

What was in important was..

He liked me. More than friends. As in romantically. Meaning I wasn't insane for liking him all these years because he did too. Meaning I actually had a chance with him.

He came back with food and we both happily ate and talked, none of us said anything about what he had said beforehand though. It was only just us chilling and eating, happy that we were on good terms again and finally out of that stupid useless fight.

I'm pretty sure after that we fell also together, which led to our current state. I lifted my head up and checked the time—

3:47pm?!

I lifted my head looking up at him, I guess having a trillion sleepovers with him throughout the years helped the fact that I could tell he was awake, his breathing was always a certian way when he slept, plus when I woke up a half hour ago, (yes i've been laying in bed for 30 minutes thinking about the fact he liked me), he was also awake.

I decided to tease him a little.

I moved my hand to his neck, my thumb tracing his jaw, I started to play with his hair with my fingers. I moved up more, and rested my cheek on the pillow next to him facing him, fingers still twirling in his hair.

I sat up again, and gave a small delecate peck to his cheek, I watched as the color in his face warmed up, I smiled to myself and leaned my lips close to his ear, "I know you're awake" I whispered.

I watched as his face went warmer, and his lips tugged to a smile, but I was quickly pulled to lay back down on him as his arms tightened around my waist and he pulled me closer.