𝟏.𝟎𝟒

THE THING ABOUT FLYING on a pegasus during the daytime, Christina figured, was that a serious accident on the Long Island Expressway was an easy thing to cause, they found that out the hard way

THE THING ABOUT FLYING on a pegasus during the daytime, Christina figured, was that a serious accident on the Long Island Expressway was an easy thing to cause, they found that out the hard way. So, Percy had to keep Blackjack up in the clouds, which were pretty low in this time of the year.

They darted around in the sky, trying to keep the white Camp Half-Blood van in sight. As cold as it was on the grown, it was seriously colder in the air, Christina could feel her nose and cheeks frozen. They had definitely turned pink by now. Percy's cheeks were also pink, but for a whole different reason. Christina had wrapped her arms tightly around his waist from behind, so that she wouldn't fall off the pegasus, but he kept thinking about it, causing him to miss the van they were following a couple of times. Thankfully, he had a good sense that the other demigods would go into Manhattan first, so it wasn't too difficult to pick up their trail again.

Traffic was bad with the holidays and all, and Christina noticed it was way worse that the London traffic that she had gotten used to from all those years of staying there. But then again, she couldn't help and frown at the cars she saw down the street, they looked different, but she just shrugged of the thought, it was probably because she was in the States.

It was mid morning before they got into the city. Percy landed Blackjack near the top of the Chrysler Building and watched the white camp van, thinking it would pull into the bus station, but it just kept driving. 

"Where's Argus taking them?" He muttered to himself. 

After a second, he spoke again. "Which girl?" 

Christina was looking at him, her eyebrows raised. "Are you talking to yourself?"

"No, I'm talking to Blackjack." If his tone hadn't been so serious, she would have thought he was joking.

"You talk to horses." She deadpanned.

"Yeah, it's one of the many luxuries of having Poseidon as a father, he's like the lord of horses, or something, so we understand each other." She must have thought he was crazy. Percy expected her to throw a fit, or fall from the horse. Instead, she just responed calmly.

"Of course."

There was a pause, she guessed Blackjack was telling him something, until she heard him ask, "Zoë?"

"What did he say?" Christina asked.

"Well, he wants to go down to that donut shop, but we can't just show up with him, can we?"

"Percy."

"Yeah?"

"About Zoë."

"Oh," he mentally slapped himself, "He says that she's driving." He informed her.

"How can she drive? She looks our age." Christina couldn't wrap her head around it, she knew that americans got their licenses at sixteen, but Zoëdefinitely did not look sixteen, she was fourteen, at best.