𝟏.𝟎𝟐

"OF COURSE THE GIRL IS DEAD, THOMAS

"OF COURSE THE GIRL IS DEAD, THOMAS." The voice came from not too far away. All Christina had to do was turn her head and the woman who had spoken was right there, inside this office, a manly figure in front of her. The door was half open, so Christina decided to hide behind it. But this situation troubled her, how did she even get there?

From the angle she stood, Christina was able to make out the woman's features. She stood tall, her long grey hair was tightly knit into a bun at the base of her neck, the woman wore robes in a deep purple colour. But these were different to the ones Christina had know all of her life, they couldn't have been wizarding robes, not the ones she wore at school anyway.

"A job well done then, as i understand it." A different person spoke this time, a man, his voice so emotionless, so cold, almost snake-like, it sent a chill down Christina's spine. She could not see him, but she could sense the horrible feeling of dark magic filling the room, she hated that feeling.

"Indeed, we have even prevented one of the greatest prophecies of all time, at this rate we will be unstoppable." This really intrigued her, prophecies were never meant to be prevented. One way or another, they always came true, no matter how hard you tried to stop them.

"I will be unstoppable, you mean. You are simply an accomplice, we both agreed those were the terms, witch." He said the last word as if his mouth was full of poison. As if being a witch was the greatest crime of all time. But she was sure that there was no way this man was not involved in the wizarding world, Christina felt it in her gut. He simply didn't radiate the same energy as the woman in front of him, it was like they were from different worlds.

"We agreed that we would both assist each other in getting what we want. That girl's death was not even the beggining, she was almost too easy to catch, too easy to kill. Poor thing, she even tried to fight back, in vain, of course. But, my side of the deal is not complete yet, Tom." Who did she kill? Why? What more would she want? The last one was definitely a question that Christina understood she shared with this Tom-guy, as he immediately asked this witch the same thing.

"I want-" But the woman didn't finish. Her head had snapped towards Christina's direction, who tried very hard to hide behind the door. If they opened it completely, it was over for her. Sure she could run down the hallway that spread to her right, but it was so dark, her eyes couldn't even adjust to the darkness of it.

"Someone is here."

This was it, they would probably kill her, just like they did to this other poor girl. Heels clacked on the floor, the sound only getting higher as the woman approached the door. She opened it, the light of the room almost blinding Christina.