Scary yet handsome yet scary

Despite having gotten off on the wrong foot, me and my employer, who turned out to be the worst important person I could get involved with in Rivendell, other than Lord Glorfindel and Lord Elrond, was none other than Elladan Peredhel.

Having worked with him for almost a week now, I've had it. We still got off on the wrong foot it would seem. I decided that it was high time to fork with consequences. I will not be a doormat, I will not be just sitting around accepting the fact that he was sheeting me everyday, every chance he got-he and his no less demonic twin brother, Elrohir.

I decided that I would sheet them too, and I did.

I know you're disappointed at me. I do, and I'm sorry. But when I was just back from the loo, and I saw Elrohir just conveniently sat on my desk, knocking my cup of tea and its full content onto the very parchment that I had been working on for the past 2 days and proceeded to give me a look that said 'Whoops' and my stinking boss just kept writing while mumbling, 'She can redo it again. We have time'.

I lost it. I lost control.

My mouth had never been stretched open so much, even during wisdom tooth extraction procedure. A little quiet voice in my heart was telling me that I was on the verge of tearing my own face in half, so I listened to my conscience, that is, being kind to my own body. So I willingly become a black hole that swallowed the strings of bad words that was about to come out of my mouth.

The black hole said its thank you, that roughly translated to Westron in this:

"...Mmrgghrmm...I...mrrgghhhrm... QUIT!!! UGhhrhrhrh-"

My legs, as sassy as they were, agreed with me and dragged me away towards my own chamber whilst chanting 'I told you so' over and over again in my head.

I've never had such a horrible boss in my life before, despite the only employment I've ever remembered was being a barmaid. So I cried, all snots and boogers, I presumed, as I hastily shoving all my clothes and stuff into my bag.

Mother, Father, I failed you.

When I opened my door, two faces that I would never wanted to see in my existence again were crumpled into what looked like two demonic deers in the headlights.

I slammed the door back to their faces and locked it twice, tears streaming down my face with my red hair sticking on it due to me turning away from the door so fast.

"Elena! We're sorry! Please don't cry."

"Come on, sweet pea. It was just a joke. Please open."

I turned to the window and unlocked it. Thankfully, it was directly facing a small garden, and being on the first floor so I easily got over to it and crossed the garden towards another open hallway that led to the exit while crying over the wasted two days calculating the entirety of last month's progressive taxes of the rich of Rivendell.

On my way, I came across Lord Glorfindel, AND Lord Elrond and their soulless looking high officials, all looking at me with surprise in their eyes as I walked past with only a robotic exit nod.

"Elena," I heard Lord Glorfindel called out to me, his towering presence following closely.

"No, thank you," I wept as if I was dismissing a random salesman who was trying to convince me to sell my soul.

He blocked my path, and I was forced to look at him through my tears. If before I thought Glorfindel was soulless, now I was open for a different argument. He now had tangible sympathy shining in his trapping azure blue gaze.

"I'm sorry for being the one who caused you such trouble," he said in his low, soft voice that I never heard or knew was capable coming out of his mouth. He took a strand of my red hair that was blocking my face and tucked it behind my ear with a gentleness that did not match his scary yet handsome yet scary persona. My romantic response was sneezing close to his hand.