A forking horrible day

"Miss Elena... Daughter of..."

"No one," I smiled as I completed his words for him. The elf looked at me questioningly.

"You don't know your father's name?"

"I simply forgot. Had an accident a long time ago," I explained.

"What kind of accident?"

"The kind that leaves my head a little weird. Like, sometimes I come up with these totally outlandish terms like..." I paused for a moment and came up with a few of random words that popped up in my head, "...I don't know. Oprah, Osama Bin Laden and... Keanu Reeves," I shrugged.

"You are outlandish," the dark haired elf confirmed with a frown on his forehead. His light brown eyes looking at me with such bafflement, as if I had just grown an extra nostril under my nose. "So. Regarding your letter of complaints. We decided to hear your case. That's why we also summoned the Defendant, Tholin, son of Thodion-"

I glanced down next to me at the super undergrown motherforker dwarf and gave him my best condescending glare.

"-And now, before we record this hearing, now I ask you, as the Complainer-"

"-Hang on a second. Complainer?" I looked at him confused at the term he used.

The elf gave me a look. "Are you not the one complaining against him and wrote a deliberate complaint regarding your case?"

"Yes-"

"-Then you are a Complainer."

I frowned in disbelief when I saw his dead serious expression. "Really? That's a legal term? That sounds wrong. And negative," I mumbled.

"I would say that most people that file a case are quite negative," deadpanned the elf.

Wow. Rude.

He resumed his speech. "May I have your word that from this moment forward, you are going to tell nothing but the truth, or else bear the penalty of at least 300 coins of gold, or at worst, accept being exiled forever from the realm of Rivendell, should you are proven in the future to be giving false statement?"

Again, I was flabbergasted. "Exiled? That's a bit harsh, don't you think?" I commented.

"Stop being negative and complain about everything, will you? There's a line behind you two," the elf now also complained, looking at me with frustration in his eyes as he pointed at the queue that indeed was piling up today behind me and the dwarf.

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry. Yes, I swear. You have my word. I just want justice to be served," I said immediately.

The elf turned to Tholin, repeating word by word the same question he asked me earlier as if he had repeated the same question for the past millennia. Judging from an elf's lifespan, he probably had. Tholin gave his word and I scoffed.

"Without further ado, Miss Elena, let's hear what you have to say."

I pointed my index finger so close to the dwarf's face, and the silly dwarf just instinctively and aggressively blew his breath at my finger, but I stood my ground. "This gentleman over here bought the pencil I invented at a ridiculously low price, and resale it at a crazy amount of coins to every one in the House of Elrond who can read and write, and then claimed that he invented and single handedly produced then marketed MY invention, without MY consent-"

The elf raised his hand, halting my righteous and wholehearted speech, "What is a pencil?"

"That wooden quill. The one your scribe friend is using right now to record this hearing? I call it a Pencil," I gestured at the elf next to him who was busy writing on his book.