Chapter Thirteen

The passage of time is generally something one will either yearn for, or will dread with every fiber of their being. In my case, I'm actually unaware of time. My body feels like it's resting on some sort of cloud. Some source of heat is all around me, comfortable and somehow capable. In my lax state of mind, everything seems picturesque.

Reality seems a breath away, but it isn't coming any closer. It appears to be kept a bay by a force I'm now rooting for. My body starts to feel.

The source of warmth and security is now a body, a body I know. From what I can recall, I'm relatively sure the body I'm against is Itachi's. I should be alarmed. I should be weary of this closeness, disapproving of this situation. I'm not either of these, and I'm content knowing this. I just want to slip into sleep again, to relax into an abyss of darkness until I'm consumed and all this ridiculosity has vanished. 

A strange moan of contentment seeps past my lips. It then cues a throaty chuckle from Itachi. His arms wind around my waist firmly, and I don't fight him. I wonder, rather vaguely, what gave Itachi the right to slip into my bed and hold me like this, but I don't want to know. My heart feels heavy, and being around Itachi seems to make it lighter. I curl into his side, knees to my chest, and let him keep holding me. I don't mind Itachi holding me. I like it, actually. 

He stretches me out again, against my will, but I fit better this way, and his body is warmer than mine. My arms seem to have a mind of their own as they shy away from me and move to embrace Itachi. I'm not sure if I should pull my arms back, but by the time it's happened, I'm too comfortable to do anything. 

Itachi's hands are rubbing up and down my back gently. It makes my body feel like butter, soft and maliable, easy to mold. Although I'm not entirely comfortable with Itachi's strange control over me, I'm not complaining, either. For some reason, I'm enjoying this, this strange lack of control and freedom from my cares. 

"What time is it?" I ask. My voice is rough from sleep, and sounds like I've either screamed too much, or I've gotten sick. Itachi chuckles. 

"Noon." My eyes slide open at the realization that I've slept for quite a long time, and that I'm still tired. 

"Huh." I respond, my sleepy gaze wandering to Itachi's face. "You didn't wake me." Itachi responds with something of a sleepy nod. 

"I fell asleep." He replies. I nod slightly. 

"Mm." The noise makes no sense, but it comes out of me any way. Apparently today is my day to be illogical and 'normal'. A snort sounds from Itachi. It's a strange thing. Imagine a zebra farting a rainbow. That's about same level of ridiculosity I experienced.  Then a giggle erupts from my lips, and Itachi stares at me as if I've grown two heads. 

His expression sends me into another fit of giggles, which earns me a smile. My giggling increases, mostly because Itachi's hair is now really, really messy, and literally looks like  a rat's nest. One side is completely sticking out sideways, and the other looks as if it was hastily beaten down.  My giggling doesn't increase in volume, but it does continue. 

My chest seizes suddenly and I accidentally fall off the bed. I end up coughing rather loudly, but aside from that, I'm perfectly fine. I end up laughing hysterically. Itachi's head pokes over the side of the bed, and I end up laughing even more. I'm tired today, and I decide it's a day for me to be completely human. 

I manage to stand and stop my laughter, although I still giggle now and then, and grab some clothes from the closet. I didn't see what they were, but I hope they make sense. Upon entering the bathroom, I'm pleased to find what I've grabbed does in fact make sense for 'normal' people to wear. I throw on a blue tank top and some sweatpants.