Death's Angel {Naruto FanFic}

I am running. I'm running as fast as I  possibly can, hoping to Kami and any other god that may or may not exist that I don't die. I don't want to die. Not now. There are two impossibly strong chakra reserves following swiftly behind me. I don't want to meet them. Knowledge weighs my weapons pouch down heavily. Inside it is a scroll from the Land of Cedar. Unfortunately, there are other countries that want this scroll as well. It is them I am running from. I am no match for two Akatsuki members at once with my depleted chakra. I'm almost scared. I would be scared, but I've been taught to kill my emotion. To become a true shinobi. 

My mask presses against my face comfortingly, whispering softly that my identity shall remain a secret. It is a plain white mask with slits for my eyes. There is nothing remarkable about it. My hair, currently a white color, streams behind me as I race along the tree boughs. My eyes are red, flat, and emotionless. I am determined. I will not be captured today. 

A kunai thunks into the tree, just passing my ear by a sliver of an inch. I press my lips into a thin line and nearly smile at the thrill of adrenaline that races through me. Adrenaline, danger, gives me pleasure. I turn midstep and launch a dangerous kunai of my own in return, bending backward to avoid the shiruken and its clone that races for me. I end my attachment to the tree and land on my hands, doing a backflip and turing in midair to land on my toes. I race faster than the wind. 

My heart is thundering from effort. I am two miles from home, but I must avoid drawing the missing-nin there. My headband is not in sight. I have smothered my identity. I come to a halt with only two feet left before me. The edge of a deep chasm looms beneath me, hungry for my flesh. I spin around and stare at the two figures that melt out of the shadows. I was right to think they were Akatsuki. 

The taller of the duo has pale, blue skin, and hair of an even darker shade. I frown. Such unusual colors. His eyes are dark, beady, and his teeth are razor sharp, shark-like. A large sword is strapped to his back, bound in bandages. He grins at me like a predator. Beside him is a scarier sight. 

Uchiha Itachi... the Uchiha Itachi stands next to him, gazing at me with those intense eyes of his. I'm glad for my mask. I stand taller, straighter, and begin to focus my chakra in my back as I step away from the dangerous pair. "What business do you have with me?" I state calmly, allowing my voice to filter softly to the two rogues' ears. They stand straighter as well. 

"We're searching for Tenshi Chishi." The former Konoha ninja states flatly. "We believe you know where she is." I tilt my head to one side, my eyes narrowing. These ninja want me

"Sorry, boys." I reply calmly. "I don't recall ever meeting a Tenshi Chishi." My name sounds foreign as it slips off my tongue. The Akatsuki duo stare me down with narrowed eyes. I shoot my chakra through the earth, weakening it with my lightening style. God, I hated ANBU. It was days like these that made me furious. 

The edge of the cliff groans dangerously. "I'll be seeing you!" With that, I launch myself off the edge and fall, before slowing myself down on the chasm wall until I land gently on its floor. Darkness has consumed me. I suppress my chakra until it's undetectable. The two members peer over the edge for a few moments until they leave and I can no longer sense them. I tug my hood up and hide my hair. 

Weaving my handsigns as fast and accurately as I can, I transport myself into the city walls, nod to Izumo and Koketsu, who both recognize my chakra, and poof into the Hokage's room. She looks at me with amused eyes. "I trust everything went well?" She says. I nod my head once and place the scroll on her desk. 

"Two Akatsuki members are looking for me. I have reason to believe they may search here." I say softly. "One of them is Uchiha Itachi." The Hokage stiffens. Her brown eyes glance at me uncertainly before she looks out the window. A boom sounds, and with a barked order from the Hokage, I transport myself to the source of the noise.