PART 1

{jiwoong}

i peeked outside behind the employees only door, spying on gunwook.

"Manager, what are you doing?" one of my workers, hanbin, asked.

i jolted up and awkwardly laughed. "i was just checking on our youngest."

he raised a brow and also took a peek on gunwook.

"i noticed him ignoring you, did you two fight?" he asked.

"well.. its because he asked some love advice from me and I didnt understand some texting shortcuts young people use these days.." i scratched my nape.

hanbin chuckled, "gunwook? love advise?"

"did i just hear that right?" matthew's head suddenly popped up from the kitchen.

"where did you come from?!" i asked in shock.

"my mother's pu-" he was cut off when ricky sprayed a bottle of water mixed with soap in his face.

"jerk repellant." was all ricky said before walking away.

"ew, why do you smell like windex" zhanghao, who was just passing by, looked at matthew in disgust.

the 'employees only' door then opened, revealing gunwook.

"hyung, someone's looking for you." he said before going to the resting area where the employees take their breaks.

i fixed my clothes & came out to greet the customers.

while searching for a particular customer looking for me, i saw a highschool girl by the window, watching the rain outside.

ah, she must've needed some shelter from the rain, that's why she's here..

i walked towards her with a smile.

"hello," i greeted.

she looked up to me, confused.

"would you like something to eat or drink?" i asked.

she hesitated and shook her head, "i-i.. dont have any money with me.." she said in a quiet voice.

i gave her a smile before walking away, going to the kitchen.

"jiwoong hyung? who came to see you?" hanbin asked.

i shrugged and made a nice cup of hot cocoa with fluffy marshmallows on top.

hanbin just watched my actions in confusion, but chose not to question anymore.

i then delivered the hot cocoa to the same highschool girl.

she looked at me, surprised. "but.."

i shook my head, "its on the house."

she stared at me for a moment, "..thank you.."

i just nodded and continued searching for that someone who's looking for me.

"jiwoong!!" someone called.

i looked towards the person and recognized him.

"hey, yoon!" i went over to him.

"long time no see, pal." he flashed his bright smile he always wore back when we were still in highschool.

i chuckled, "yeah, i missed you."

"so.. you manage this place?" i nodded.

"o-oh, just wait a minute." i told him and rushed to the resting area.

gunwook was falling asleep on the couch while taerae was also there, eating bread as he scroll through his phone.

i opened one of the cabinets & pulled out my casual clothes.

i then removed my apron and put on a new shirt.

"wow, hyung, you got a nice body there." taerae.. complimented, i guess?

i just sent him a thanks before exiting the area and going to the nearest person to me, which is gyuvin, who is taking over for gunwook.

"gyuvin," i called.

he raised a brow, "yeah, manager hyung??"

"please send coffee over to table number 9." i requested.

he gave me a salute sign, "roger that."

i smiled at him before going back to yoon, my best friend since highschool.

i sat in front of him, "what made you visit?" i asked.

"oh, just wanna check on you." he laughed. "this cafè is one of your father's franchies, right?"

i nodded, "yeah."

"he.. still doesnt allow you to the main building?" he asked, & i nodded once again.

"he doesnt approve of me being his successor."

"but you're his only son." he stated.

"i know, but im not his real son." i sighed. "im the son of mom's first husband, who was a jerk, i guess. so they got divorced and mom met my current dad now."

"and since i was the son of drunkard , my 'dad' now doesnt approve of me, he probably hates me." i leaned back to rest my back against the chair.

"two cups of nice black coffee for table 9." gyuvin placed down two cups of coffee on our table.

"thank you." yoon thanked him & gyuvin bowed before walking away.

"so are you gonna manage this small cafè forever?" he asked as he took a sip on his coffee.

i smiled, thinking of all the memories me & my trusty workers made here.

"forever if i can. i got a large family in this place."

°