ELEVEN

SANTE'

SANTE'

Waking up from the blaring ringtone, Sante' groaned in irritation, wanting the noise to stop

Waking up from the blaring ringtone, Sante' groaned in irritation, wanting the noise to stop. Moving around with his eyes closed, he finally woke up after the fourth ring.

Opening his eyes, he studied the position he and Solea fell asleep in – both on their sides, with his arms wrapped tightly around her waist. Sante' tapped Solea, who was sleeping soundly with her hands tightly wrapped around him.

"Baby... baby, wake up. I think that's your phone," Sante' shook Solea, trying to wake her.

Waking up, Solea turned around to cuddle more into his chest. "It's yours," she groaned, not liking that he was ruining her sleep.

Rubbing his hands down his face with a sigh, Sante' looked down at her with raised eyebrows. "Can you pass me my phone?"

Hearing her groan and kick her feet from being interrupted again, she grabbed his phone off the night stand, looking at the caller ID before passing it. "Imma need you to let me know what these late-night/early morning calls with Matteo consist of too," she voiced in a sleepy tone.

"It's just business, mama I promise. But I gotchu," he reassured her, kissing her forehead.

Sante' could sense that Solea was getting more curious about what his frequent calls from his business partner consisted of. He didn't blame her, but he also didn't know how he was going to break it down to her.

He didn't want her to look at him differently. The dangers of his rivals knowing he had a girl was something he didn't even want to think about. There were already people trying to invade his organization; whether it's from them being jealous of his success, trying to overpower his roll, or simply wanting to take whatever he had. So taking precautions was something he was set on doing at all times.

With his phone in his right hand, he silently tried to make his way out of bed. "Oh my gosh, where you going?" he heard Solea groan while tightening her arms around him.

Lately, he noticed that she had become more comfortable and clingy around him, and he loved it. He couldn't be out of her sight for more than 30 minutes in the house before she started looking for him and latching onto him – he found it cute that she was becoming attached to him.It only confirmed to him that he was doing everything right in her eyes.