SIX

SANTE'

SANTE'

Leaving the upscale restaurant, Sante' speeds down the interstate toward Rashad's place

Leaving the upscale restaurant, Sante' speeds down the interstate toward Rashad's place. The sleek black BMW echoes with the soulful notes of Tori Lanez's Proud Family, setting the mood.

As the lyrics of Tori Lanez's "Proud Family" filled the air, setting a sultry mood, Sante couldn't help but be entranced. The memories of seeing Solea in the restaurant, finally seeing her radiant face in person after so long, and now, with her in the passenger seat, it all felt perfect.

As they approached a stoplight, Rihanna and Future's loveeee song played, intensifying the charged atmosphere. Sante, struggling with his newfound feelings for Solea, couldn't shake the desire to kiss her. Her presence, adorned in a tight-fitted dress, curled hair, flawless makeup, and those doe eyes stealing glances at him, consumed his every thought in that moment.

Lowering the music slightly to initiate a conversation without creating awkwardness, Sante posed a question to Solea, inviting a connection amidst the lingering melodies.

"Solea, why you blocked my number and stopped communicating with me?" His deep voice sounded off, questioning her, a hint of concern lacing his words.

Driving on as the light changed, Sante glimpsed at Solea out of the corner of his eye, noting the pout on her face. He sensed she understood the seriousness of the situation when he refrained from using terms like "mamas" or "ma." when addressing her.

Despite his desire to maintain a connection, the need for understanding weighed heavily on Sante's mind.

Clearing her throat, Solea responded softly, "Sante, you didn't seem to feel the same way, and I thought it was best to avoid the potential embarrassment. Choosing myself was crucial, no matter how much I felt for you."

Confusion and irritation painted Sante's expression as he questioned Solea, "Who told you I didn't feel the same way?" His voice carried a mix of emotions, challenging the assumption that led to their disconnection.