Chapter 3

Chapter 3

                The sting from the blade just adds to my pain. I turn slightly just to see Stephan glaring at me.

                “We can do this the easy way or the hard and painful way.”

                “What if I choose the hard way?” I hiss at him. What’s he doing! We’re in a freakin’ alliance!

                “Then I’ll kill you, right here, right now.”

                “What will you tell Enya?” I smirk I’ve got him cornered.

                “I’ll tell her when she left I returned and you jumped on me telling me that we have to act fast. That we need to kill her and that I couldn’t let that happen and so I killed you right here. That you wanted me to betray her with you,” his answer chases the smirk off my face.

                “Why don’t you just kill me right now then, I mean you already have your cover-up story,” I say this with way more strength then I feel. I’m glad he doesn’t hear the quiver in my voice.

                “Two reasons, one it’d make a mess, and two I just don’t feel like I want to right now I mean I just killed someone!” I huff.

                “Well what do you want?” his grip on the dagger doesn’t loosen in fact it tightens. The blade is cutting into my flesh. Stephan suddenly breaks into a smile.

                “I want you….”he savors the words making me despise him more and more, “to not tell her.”

                “Tell her what?”

                “What you saw.”

                “You mean when you killed a tribute from my District?”

                “Yes that.”

                “Why? Does little Stephan have a crush?” big mistake. He grits his teeth and the dagger is now digging so deep into my neck that blood is beginning to spill. I gasp from the pain. I’m a strong girl and can take a lot of pain, but this is just torture.

                “Don’t.”

                “I won’t.” He removes the dagger from my neck and I gasp with relief. I cough up blood and end up accidently spitting it on Stephan. He glares daggers at me and I flinch under his gaze. I’m sure he’s going to kill me now when Enya enters the den. She looks at me and drops everything she’s holding.

                “WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?” she shrieks.

“Oh, nothing. Maysilee fell a moment ago and cut her neck. I was about to go over to help her when you came in.” I look at Stephan dubiously. He nods his head.

“Mhm.” Enya doesn’t look convinced. She looks at me with her asking gaze. I nod stiffly. Stephan smile trying to look innocent, but in my opinion he looks like a serpent. “I brought food.”

“Yum.” Stephan says enthusiastically. Enya just rolls her eyes and smile. What does Enya see in him? This is a question that will always haunt me.

~*~*~*~Flashback~*~*~*~

                                “Morning, morning, morning. It’s time to get up, up, up!” the voice of our escort sickens me. She has bleach blonde hair, obviously died, plain brown eyes, purple tinted skin, extremely high cheek bones, eyebrows raised in an arch, making her look skeptical at all times, and she’s as skinny as a twig, her ribs are clearly visible in the “curvy” outfits she wears.

                “Coming!” I yell. Searching my closet is a nightmare. I’ve always been a shirt and pants kinda-girl. My closet is filled to the top with gorgeous dresses, high heels, and accessories. The simplest outfit I can find is a skirt with a tank top and flats. I need to talk to Fareeda about the clothing choices. I step out of my room to find everyone at breakfast. I sit at and empty seat next to Haymitch. He smiles at me, I return it without hesitation.  All too soon breakfast is over and it’ll be time for our first day of training. My prep team, Adelaide, a normal sized woman with blue hair and lips, Philander, a tall man with gray eyes and golden hair, and Elke, a short, plump woman with patterns down her whole body, won’t be seeing me today. My stylist, Emberlynn, a beautiful woman with straight black hair and a curvy body finished off with violet eyes, is in my room. We exchange a few greeting then get down to business.

                “So here is your outfit for today.”

                “Are there pants?” Emberlynn chuckles.

                “Yes and a tight fitting shirt.”

                “Thank you, so much!” I gush. Soon enough everyone from District 12 is on the elevator heading to training. Fareeda is coming with us. The elevator stops and I realize that in a few seconds I’m going to have to face my murderers, or my victims.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Comment if you think puppies are cute,

Like if you think kittens are sweet,

Fan if you love baby animals (=