11

SATURDAY

SATURDAY

"Hey, do you have a minute?" I ask Madeline before she leaves. I hold the gift bag in my hand, rubbing my fingertips together nervously.

"Yeah, sure." She smiles, god that smile, and walks towards me.

"I got you something." I say, handing her the bag. "I can return it if you don't like it." I ramble anxiously while she opens the bag. Madeline pulls the box out and opensh it, soft eyes flickering up to me momentarily. She half gapes at it for what feels like an eternity. It's too much. She doesn't like it. Fuck. I'm about to make up some excuse before she looks up at me again, holding my gaze this time.

"It's beautiful, thank you." She takes it out the box, holding it in her palm. "Seriously, thank you Quinn."

I exhale slowly, relief flooding my body. "No problem, I saw it and it made me think of you." Shit that was cheesy.

"I love it." She smiles and runs her finger over the silver pendant.

She undoes the clasp and before I can stop myself I say, "Turn around, I'll put it on for you."

She turns around and moves her hair to one side. I put it around her neck, laying against her collarbone. I clasp it together, my fingers grazing her neck. She fixes her hair back and tucks it behind her ears, facing me again.

"You look beautiful." Shit. "It looks beautiful."

I don't know wether my brains playing tricks on me but her cheeks redden and I really hope it's not my imagination. "Thank you. Again." She says, almost a whisper. "I'll see you soon?" I'm depending on it.

"Yeah. Happy birthday. Again." I smile and lead her out, shutting the door behind her. I turn back and almost jump when I see the four girls peeking there heads out the living room door with knowing grins.
I ignore there excitement and grin to myself, walking upstairs to my room.

-

"Okay, what the actual fuck."

I lift my head at the sound of Logan's voice. "What?" I consider everything I may have done because Logan can be scary when she's angry.

"You never told me you got Madeline that necklace." She says, sitting on the corner of my bed and waiting for an explanation.

"It was a spur of the moment thing." I shrug.

"Oh my god, my twin brothers in love!" She gushes, throwing me off.

"Not love. Like." I clarify, "I don't do love, you know that."

"Yes, but things change." She says, "I've never seen you like this. Do you think you'll tell her?"

"Doubt it. Who knows how long she's going to be here." I pause and run a hand through my hair. "I don't want to mess things up."

"You won't. Just promise me you'll try to tell her?" She implores.

"Yeah, okay." I say, partially so she'll leave me alone.

Maybe I could tell Madeline. To be completely honest I'd never once asked a girl out in my whole life, which as a seventeen year old rugby player, is probably rather pathetic. It's never been about girls for me. I've always been focus on rugby and family and I didn't think that would change until I got older. But I think it's starting to. Shit.

Once she's gone I close my door and put in my earphones, pressing shuffle on my playlist. I lie back on the bed with The 1975's 'About You' playing in my ears, really not helping with my reoccurring thoughts of a certain birthday girl.

¸.··.¸¸.·¯¯·.¸¸.··.¸

me updating twice within a 3 days?? I felt kind of bad for leaving on a bit of a cliffhanger so here you go :)
thank you for all the votes and comments, I love reading them!