05

TUESDAY

TUESDAY

"Did you see his face after? It was hilarious." My friend, Josh laughs and nudges me. "Earth to Quinn, are you listening?"

I drift my eyes back to Josh. "Sorry, continue." I say. He continues talking and I try to listen but my focus keeps turning back to Madeline, I was glad it wasn't awkward after she knocked on my bedroom door the other day but I have to say it was slightly amusing to see her flustered, she's by her locker reading a book but she looked pale and her nose was red. Not surprised she was sick after being in the storm yesterday but surely if she was that ill she would've stayed home.

After Josh finishes his ramble the bell rings and he heads to his lesson. I have free lessons now, I was just going to practice rugby out on the field but I walk up to Madeline as she starts walking to class.

"Hey, you alright? You don't look great." I say, scanning my eyes over her ashen face.

"Thanks." She mumbles, smirking.

"I didn't mean that, you're beauti- I mean you look pale that's all." I say quickly.

"I'm fine, just a small cold." She murmurs, her voice hoarse.

"Are you sure?" I begin but she starts wavering before dropping. I catch her before she falls and her head falls against my chest while I hold her up.

"Okay, I'm taking you home." I scoop her up, careful of where I'm touching her and walk her to my car. She feels as light as a feather in my arms. I open the passenger door with my finger and gently lower her down and put on her seatbelt. I drop her bags in the back and get into the driver seat. I didn't want to drive off until she woke back up because it felt like I was kidnapping her or some shit.

"Madeline." I say softly, nudging her arm. "Mads." Wow, that nickname came out of nowhere.

She stirs and groggily opens her eyes. "What happened?" She asks, moving to sit properly.

"Hey, stay still. You passed out so I'm taking you home." I say, urging her back.

"You don't need to do that." Madeline mumbles but I've already pulled out.

I drive out the school and into our street, parking just on the side of the road. I climb out and open the passenger door. "Do you need help getting out?"

She shakes her head and stumbles out, almost falling on me. I stand her up, "Alright, lean on me." I say, she looks at me skeptically for a second before leaning her weight on me while I walk up her drive.
She gets out her key and I take it from her and unlock the door.

I walk her upstairs and into her bedroom, carefully guiding her onto the bed. "Are you warm?" I ask and place my hand on her forehead. "God, you're burning."

Madeline looks up at me through her eyelashes, looking half asleep. It was fucking adorable.

"You're in my room." She croaks.