01

TUESDAY

TUESDAY

Some people wish to travel the world and see everything it has to offer. My only wish was to stay in one place. This is my fourth first day this year and this time it takes place in London. I'd never been to the United Kingdom before so my mother said it'd be a great experience for me and i'd grow to love it. I knew better than to get comfortable because I knew we'd probably be moving again in a few months.

Why did no one tell me school uniform is so uncomfortable. I feel like I'm wearing a sack. The one thing I like here is how peaceful it is outside. In America the courtyards and fields were always packed with people. Here there's a massive field with barely any people, so it's just me, my book and-

Thud!

"Oh, bugger!" A guy with a British accent in a rugby uniform is jogging over to me from my place on the floor. Wait, when did I get on the floor? My nose is throbbing and I can't think straight.

He kneels in front of me, panting heavily. I lift my head to see him but he doesn't say anything. Was my nose that bad? Was I going to have a deformed nose for the rest of my life? I drew my hand from my face, cringing at the sight of blood. He was still staring at me with his mouth slightly ajar. What's his problem?

"Fuckin hell, Quinn. What'd you do to the poor girl?"
A girl says from behind him and hands me a tissue.
"I didn't mean to!" He responds. So he can speak.
"Are you alright?" She asks.

I nod, holding the tissue to my nose.
"Come on, let's get you to the nurses office." She slowly lifts me up. "Sorry about my dickhead brother. I'm Logan by the way."

"Madeline." I respond, my voice muffled from the tissue.

"Oh, you're American!" She says as if it was obvious. "I love your accent."

"Thanks." I murmur through the tissue. We walk up the halls until she stops in front of the nurses office and knocks. "Come in!"
Logan opens the door and guides me in, "Quinn decked the new girl."

"Oh gosh. Are you alright, dear?" The nurse asks me while she ushers me to a chair. "Let me ave' a look."

I lower the tissue and Logan recoils next to me.
"That bad?" I ask.

"Your nose looks like a balloon." She admits. "No offence."

"None taken." I mumble while the nurse prods at my nose.

"I don't think it's broken. The swelling should go down within a few days, I'll put a bandage on it and take some paracetamol." She adds while she starts bandaging my nose up.

Paracetom- what?
I furrow my eyebrows and glance at Logan from the corner of my eye.
"Tylenol." She explains.

"Ah, right." Weird name.