Kiss me in the pouring rain Nick's POV by Snowy_05

There I was again tonight
Forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place

The song played from Nick's phone. He sat on his bed in his dorm working on a paper due the next day. He hadn't been able to start it beforehand because of rugby practices and the team demanding he hang out with them almost every night.

As soon as he got home he took the much appreciated break from hip hop music and started blasting Taylor Swift.

After a couple hours he shut his laptop, the grade wouldn't be perfect but it would be good enough. He was making himself a tea when someone knocked on his door. If it was one of the rugby lads inviting him to another party he might just slam the door in their face.

He opened the door to see thankfully not a rugby mate but Imogen. She quickly enveloped him in a hug which he returned gratefully. It had been a long week.

Imogen was Nick's best friend. They'd met at uni when they'd both first started and out of the popular group he hung out with, she was one of the few actually decent people, along with Christan, Sai, Otis, Tara, and Darcy. But Imogen always went out of her way to check on him, to make him feel accepted, loved, especially when he got backlash after coming out as bi.

Nick had fixed them both a cup of tea and they sat on his couch, chatting about their pets, movies, work.

"Oh!" Imogen exclaimed, her eyes lighting up a little like they did whenever she got excited. "I've been meaning to talk to you about it but you should come to the cafe I work at one day! You can bring Christan, Sai, and Otis too. It's just a really cozy place and I think you'd like it a lot. And you can meet my friend. His name's Charlie. I knew him back in primary school. He's super sweet and nice and I think you two would get along really well! And I think you guys would be really good friends!"

Nick smiled. He wasn't sure why Imogen seemed so eager for them to be friends but she was usually right when it came to this kind of stuff.

"Yeah. Yeah that sounds really nice. When's the next time you're working?"

They ended up figuring out a time that both Imogen and Charlie would be working and when Nick also didn't have rugby practice. Nick would go to the cafe on Monday at 3pm. He didn't know why, but he was excited to meet this mystery Charlie person Imogen cared about so much.

And it was enchanting to meet you
All I can say is, I was enchanted to meet you

The bell above the door chimed as Nick walked through it, Christan, Sai, and Otis behind him.

Walls of incenserity, shifting eyes and vacancy
Vanished when I saw your face

Taylor Swift played softly over the speakers of the cafe, probably Imogens doing. But the song seemed fitting. Because sitting behind the counter was probably the most beautiful boy Nick had ever seen. He had long dark curls that fell over his shockingly blue eyes. He looked up at Nick and brushed his hair away from his eyes. They stayed like that for a moment. Just looking at each other.

"Nicholas!" Imogen pulled him into a hug. He hugged her back after a second, laughing a little and trying to shake the image of the boy from his mind.

"Hey Imogen."

Imogen broke the hug and went to sling her arm around the boy behind the counter. "Charlie, meet Nick Nelson."

Oh. So this way Charlie.

"So this is the famous Charlie Spring!" He smiled and held out his hand to Charlie. "I've heard a lot about you."

Charlie was taller than Imogen but a little shorter than Nick. His hair looked soft and...no. What was he doing?