BEAUTIFUL 2

THE rain had stopped the moment Zhang Huifen arrived at her residential area. She had been living in this humble apartment building which she rented the unit on the second floor two years ago, after she got the permanent job at the school. Plus, the neighbours were nice to her, especially Aunty Mei who lived opposite her house.

"I can't wait to read the book tonight," she giggled in excitement. Zhang Huifen had waited a month long for the book to arrive. It was a romantic novel written by the foreign author, and there were limited pieces available in Braille. Even though she was not visually impaired, she loved to read Braille as it could improve her skill and tactile stimulus. As the teacher, she always emphasized her students that their disabilities could never stop them from seeking knowledges.

"Miss Zhang Huifen!" Zhang Huifen stopped walking when someone called out her name. A man at age of thirties and in a black suit, standing beside the black Mercedes, was looking at her with a small smile on his face. Did she know him? As far as she remembered, she had never encountered this man before. Then, how did he know her name?

"Miss Zhang, I am.." the man paused his words, noticing how Zhang Huifen reflexively stepped backward as he approached closer. He must have scared her just now.

"Miss Zhang, I am Alex. And I am here at your father's order, Mr. Zhang Yujian," Alex continued his words without moving from his place.

"My Dad?" her scared reaction gradually replaced by confusion. Why her estranged father suddenly looking for her when he had abandoned her when she was only eight years old?

"Yes. He has very important matter to discuss with you, Miss Zhang," that confusing her even more because nothing about her was mattered to Zhang Yujian. He extremely hated her that he never wanted to see her face again. That was the reason why he sent her to boarding school after her grandparents passed away.

************

IT was extremely awkward that Zhang Huifen could not find any appropriate word to start the conversation with Zhang Yujian after her arrived at reserved room in one of the Japanese restaurants nearby her residential area. She did not expect him anyway to bring her to Michelin star restaurants or way more expensive places for a dinner.

"Are we expecting more guest?" asked Zhang Huifen when the staffs kept coming in and placing the various sushi and sashimi menus, almost occupying the whole table.

"I don't want to waste a time thinking what you like to eat. So, I just ordered everything," he replied bluntly.

"Since you are here, let me just be straightforward with you," Zhang Huifen had always known that he could not stand the sight of her, yet it still hurt when her father was so eager to end their meeting earlier when she just arrived in this room fifteen minutes ago. After all, this was their first meeting after ten years. Does not he want to see how much she had grown up or how she had been dealing with her life over the past ten years? Like she had mentioned just now, nothing about her a mattered to Zhang Yujian.

"The company is not doing very well. Our market stock prices are kept dropping for the past few years and the company is facing financial crisis," QCity, the gaming company that had been established by her late grandfather was in financial crisis. The gaming industry was overwhelmed with many new competitive and competent companies that were offering more exciting games to the gamers.

"I believed that you have heard that your sister is getting married to one of the richest families in China," yes, she had heard the news but did not bother to dig more about Zhang Ming Yue's future husband. The wedding invitation would not get to her anyway. Probably, no one ever remember or know about her existence as the youngest daughter of Zhang Family.