Chapter Three Cemetery

TW

I am currently sitting in an office building in California trying to figure some things out for the mafia

I am currently sitting in an office building in California trying to figure some things out for the mafia. I have my two oldest sons with me and most importantly my wife. She is the only reason everyone in this room besides my kids is alive.

Now don't get me wrong she can be harsh as well but right now she is the good cop. These idiots can't do their job and it's getting annoying. I run a tight operation but with these idiots, everything is slowing down which I don't like.

Someone was in the middle of explaining why one of our shipments went missing before my phone rang. I look and see that it's an unknown number. I debate if I should answer it or not but honestly anything is better than listening to the poor excuses coming out of the dead man's mouth.

But I'm praying that it's not a phone call from Leo's college saying he slept with another teacher. We already had to transfer 4 because of his playboy actions. This call can also be for Don. He tends to get arrested a lot. With that, I answer the call.

"Speak." I say trying not to sound annoyed and it's not because of the person on the line but because of the idiots sitting in front of my family.

The guy in front of me thankfully stops talking and now everyone's attention is on me.

"Is this Mr. Tobias Brio?" The lady asks and my family looks at me confused.

They know I just don't answer calls. I would have it on speaker if we didn't have these idiots in the room.

"Yes. And who is this?" I ask trying not to be rude because this lady hasn't done anything wrong.

"Yes well, my name is Ms. Lays I'm with child protective services. We have a young lady here whose guardian died in an accident and we unfortunately can't find the other one. We did a DNA test and the results came back that she is your daughter Alexandria Brio. As we were looking at her file we noticed a missing person report. I'm not sure why it took us so long to notice, but I'll be looking into that. Would you like to take custody of her? If not we can simply put her into the foster system or even send her to an orphanage." She says and my whole world stopped and the only thing I could feel was my heartbeat accelerate.

My baby Alexandria is alive. She is coming home after a little over fourteen years.

I mute myself so Ms. Gloria Lays couldn't hear me and keep my face cold.

"I want everyone but my family out of here in five seconds or I'll start shooting." I almost yell while pointing to the door and they waste no time before running out.

I guess it's that guys lucky day. He gets to live another day. Wow my daughter is already saving peoples lives. She is already perfect.

"Is everything ok?" My wife asks while rubbing my back and I nod my head yes, but before I can verbally answer Ms. Lays begins speaking.