Chapter 11

Annika POV

I was walking back into the gym but the guys were already walking out. "Alright, let's all go home," Hygha said. The Riko came from the door and pushed everyone down and they fell. "You idiots!!! We have another game today," she said irritated. "Relax, I was just trying to relieve some of the tension in the air," he said back. "What we have another game today? Like for real?" Kagami said confused. "Idiot! Review your brackets thoroughly! If you did then you would know we played two games today! our next game starts at five!" Riko explained, annoyed.

I'm just standing off to the side and no one has noticed me yet. I cough to get their attention, "Hello." "Oh, Annika, where have you been?" "I was just taking a walk and lost track of time," I said and they nodded. "Anyway, you all do have another game today. Here's the bracket for review," I said handing it to Kagami. "Hmm, so the Semi-finals and finals are on the same day? So does that mean we have another game before we play Shutoku?" Kagami asked, I nodded. "Hey coach, the three kings are Shutoku-", Kagami started. "Yep, Sehio and Senshinkan. Our opponent in the Semi-finals will most likely be Sehio, and in the finals will be Shutoku. That means that we would be playing two of the kings consecutively," Riko continued. Everyone was shocked and they were stunned. They began talking but I zoned out. 'If they play two of the kings on the same day, that means they end up playing Shutoku off of fumes. That's not ideal but it is possible,' I thought while zoned out. "-Nika, Annika!" I heard Riko say.

The next day --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the next day and we managed to win the other game yesterday. I was in class during lunch and everyone was once again crowded around me asking about my modeling career. "So Nishimura, what is the most common magazine you pose for?" one girl asked. "How many models have you worked with?" another asked. "Guys, I appreciate the questions but I kind of want to eat my lunch in peace today," I said to them nicely. "Alright guys, let's leave Ms. Nishimura alone," the teacher said and I silently thanked him.

I go back to eating and when I finish I get up and walk out of the room. I spot Hygha and Izuki and go up to them. "Hey Izuki, Hygha," I said, greeting them. "Oh, hi Annika," Hygha said. "Hey Annika, we were about to go to the club room to get some things, want to go with us?" Izuki asked. "Sure, I'd love to," I replied. We began walking to the club room, when Hygha spoke up, "So Annika," I looked at him, acknowledging him, "Have you thought about the Sehio game at all?" he asked. "Yeah I have, and I think if we watch enough film we could come up with a good strategy to go against them. We could analyze them enough for me to put something together," I replied looking forward. "Yeah, that sounds like a great idea, then we could have a major advantage with them," Izuki said with a smile. "I wouldn't call it an advantage, but it would level the playing field," I said back.

Later-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was after school and I was at home getting ready for my date with Kise. I wanted to get out before Shogo got home so I was hurrying to get ready. I wore a blue crop top, blue flower skirt and a pair of white sneakers. I curled my hair and left it down.

I grabbed my purse and walked downstairs to say goodbye to my mom

I grabbed my purse and walked downstairs to say goodbye to my mom. "Hey Mom, I'm headed out with Ryota, he should be here in a few minutes," I said toward the kitchen. She walked out of the kitchen and hugged me. "Okay, have fun. Are you going to Aidia's again tonight?" she asked. "Yeah, I kinda want to avoid Shogo right now," I said in a hushed tone. "Okay, I understand, but you can't hide forever, he's going to figure it out sooner or later," she said back. "I know Mom," I said. I heard a knock on the door, "That must be him, want to say hi?" I asked. "Of course," she said. I opened the door and Ryota stood there wearing a striped shirt and green cargo jeans. "Hi, you look great," I told him. "Hello, and you look beautiful as always," he said hugging me. "Hi Ryota, nice to see you," Mom greeted him. "Nice to see you too Mrs. Nishimura," he said back. "You ready to go?" I asked. "Uh, yeah, goodbye Mrs. Nishimura. Am I bringing you back here after or?" he questioned. "Oh, no you bringing me to Riko's house, I'm staying there tonight," I answered. "Ok then, let's go," Ryota said. "Bye Mom," I said. "Bye, sweetheart. be safe!" she called after us shutting the door.

Ryota and I walked down the street hand-in-hand, "So, where are we going?" I asked. "I told you it's a surprise," he said back smiling. "Ugh, I want to know though," I whined. "You will soon but first you need to close your eyes and get on my back," He said smiling. "What are you up to?" I asked and he chuckled. "Nothing, just trust me," he said. "Ok," I replied. I got on his back and closed my eyes and I felt us start to move.

Kise POV

I'm so excited to take her on this date! I know that she loves going to the park at night so see the stars when we were in middle school. She would go with Akashi-Chi and sometimes with Momoi-chi. I set up a picnic for her in the park so we could watch the stars while we eat some snacks. She was still on my back and we were walking to the near by park so I can surprise her. "Ryota, where are we going?" She asked. "I told you, you'll find out when we get there," I replied. She sighed in defeat and I kept walking, occasionally looking over my shoulder to make sure her eyes are still closed.

We finally got to the park and the blanket and stuff were already set up. I had the Kijio guys set it up before we got here. "Alright we're here," I said. She jumped off my back and I walked behind her to guide her to the blanket. When we were close enough to see, I stopped us. "Alright, open your eyes," I told her. She opened them and gasped. "A picnic? Oh Ryota," she said and hugged me. She pulled away and looked me in the eyes. I leaned closer and connected our lips in a sweet kiss. We pulled away and walked to the blanket to take a seat.

We watched the stars and ate the fruit and sweets I had packed in the picnic basket for about a hour before we both grew tired. She was half asleep on my shoulders so I picked her up on my back and carried her toward Aidia's house. When we got there I woke her up and we said goodbye for the night.

Few days later—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Annika POV

The team, Riko and I were in the club room watching film on Sehio. "These guys are tough to get through, that's for sure," I said in thought. "That's an understatement, these guys are on a whole different level," Izuki said. "Hey, new game plan, why don't we all just go home and cry," Kogane said, looking defeated. "We would lose for 9 time out of 10 in my opinion. There is that 1 in 10 chance that we could make it the game we win," Riko said trying to encourage them. "Guy listen," I started getting everyone's attention, "it may not be a true strategy, but I might have a course of action," I finished.

The next day——————————————————

Riko POV

It was the day we played for the Semi-finals and the finals. The team was in the locker room getting ready, but Annika wasn't here yet. I was beginning to get worried, she is almost never late. I walked into the Locker room. "Hey, has anyone heard from Annika?" I asked the guys. Most of them just shook their heads, other replied with no. "Oh, Annika said she would be late, she had to take care of something. She said she could be here by the time we end warm ups," Kuroko said. 'I wonder what is so important to be late,' I thought. "Ok, thanks for letting me know Kuroko," I said and walked out. "Let me call her," I said out loud. I dialed her number and it rang for a minute. "This is Annika, sorry I missed your call, leave a message after the beep," the phone said. "Ugh, voicemail. That's never happened before," I said confused. I walked back to the locker room. "Kuroko can you come here for a moment?" I asked. "Yes coach," he replied.

We walked around the corner so we were out of sight. "Do you know what's going on with Annika? I tried calling her but it went to voicemail, which never happened before," I questioned him. "It's not my place to talk about it, but I can tell you that it's is to do with her personal life," he told me. I nodded, "ok, thank you," I said and he walked back. 'What's going on Annika? I'm worried about you,' I thought as I walked to the bench.