Part 7-Picky Eater

A/N - I don't think TK or Carlos are particularly picky eaters so why not make them have a kid who is. I am like the fussiest eater known to man so this most certainly related to me

'No Daddy it's yucky,' Emilio Gabriel Strand-Reyes said

'You haven't even tried it yet,' TK replied with a hint of annoyance

———

TK and Carlos never thought their kid could ever be a picky eater. With home much variety they have in the food they eat it seemed impossible. Until Emilio came along. The 6 year old very much understood what he did and didn't like. No vegetables. Fair amount of fruits. Lots of toast and yoghurt. Same dinner schedule. If you disrupted any one of those things then Emilio would be one angry little boy. And you did not want to get him riled up.

———

'Papa! Daddy is making me eat a carrot!' Emilio yelled as soon as Carlos set foot in the loft.

'The torture you put him through, babe' Carlos chuckled, kissing his young son on the head before sitting down next to TK

'He didn't even believe the whole 'carrots make you see in the dark' thing. Said he's already a superhero and one day he'll be able to fly' TK said disappointed 

'If he wants to fly, let him fly. But on a serious note he really does need to eat some vegetables' Carlos told him 'Emilio, what if you just took a small bite of it. If you don't like it after that then that's okay but you don't even know if you like it yet'

'Nuh uh Papa. Mateo told me it was yucky.'

'You let Mateo tell him that?'

'I was probably restocking the ambulance or something when he said that. Although I'll definitely talk to Mateo because he does not need to be putting these ideas in our son's head. I may also give him a talking to about the importance of vegetables.'

'Emilio, Mateo was just joking he loves vegetables. How do you thing he got so strong?'

'Gym'

TK and Carlos looked at each other. They were raising one hell of a stubborn child. 

'Okay, babe seriously Mateo cannot be left with our son unsupervised anymore.'

'Right I think I'll just let Judd look after him'

———

The carrot feud went on for almost an hour before TK and Carlos gave up. They didn't feel like arguing with their 6 year old so they let it be. Emilio felt very accomplished over the fact he didn't have to eat the scary carrot and he got ice cream instead. He did eat all the rest of this dinner so he had to be rewarded somehow. And this same process was repeated next week for broccoli. Then for lettuce. Then for sweetcorn. 

'I am going to kill Mateo when I see him' TK said after their sweetcorn feud