Chapter 2 You CAN kill a ghost (Part 2)

The Narrator

"The door to the basement groans open, revealing an old banister and a creaky, wooden stairwell. Everything is coated in a thick layer of dust, and you can feel it settle into your lungs as you breathe in the stale air. The very building itself feels dead. If the Princess lives here, slaying her would probably be doing her a favor.

The room below is silent."

Voice of the Player

"Here it comes. When we go down those stairs, we are going to see a skeletal corpse of a princess only for a ghost of a princess to come up."

The Narrator

"You are assuming what is going to happen almost as if you have been here before... although that isn't possible. Why do you think that is what you are going to see?"

Voice of the Cheated

"Wait! Is that what is ACTUALLY going to happen!? Why are you telling us now!? That information would have been VERY useful when we WERE not in the cabin! How the hell are we supposed to kill a ghost!?

Voice of the Hero

"Calm down. We haven't reached the bottom of the basement. We don't even know if what he's saying is correct."

Voice of the Cheated

"Yeah, your right. Maybe he is just saying complete bullshit to throw us off. It's not like he can predict the future or something."

Voice of the Unknown

"So, are we going to go down or are we just going to stand here twiddling our thumbs?"

Voice of the Player

"Yes, I am getting sick of this needless discussion."

The Narrator

"As you descend the final step, the form of the Princess comes into view. A skeletal body lying in a heap on the floor, its wrist still bound to the wall by a thick chain."

Voice of the Player

"Told you. Do you all want to see the ghost now?"

Voice of the Cheated

"Alright how the hell do you know what's going to happen ne-"

The Narrator

"Before you have a chance to finish your thought, the top of a head appears from underneath the floor."

"Two deep-set eyes stare up at you, followed by a mischievous skeletal grin."

"And finally, the rest of the body floats up to join the head. It's the ghost of the skeletal corpse that is in front of you."

Voice of the Hero

"Huh. They were right. Thanks for the warning ahead of time about her being a ghost. Although... this is still kind of weird. I mean why is she a ghost and how are we supposed to even kill a ghost?"