-5-

"Look at me, Y/n."

I stopped for a second trying to process what happened. My heart skipped a beat and I had butterflies in my stomach. My cheeks were getting hotter the longer I stared into his gray eyes. I tried to push him away but he didn't move.

"Stay away Malfoy." I whisper. Without a word, Malfoy slowly moved away from me and continued stirring the potion like nothing happened.

"What the fuck was that?" I whispered.

"What do you mean?" He responds with the most innocent face ever.

"You know what I-" I get interrupted by a loud voice.

"Students will be expected to work together as partners for this group project. You will be expected to make a complex potion and present them to the classroom. The partners that you will work with will be the partner that you are with now." Professor Snape explains about the assignments in his low voice.

I can't believe that I have to work with this idiot Malfoy.

"This is bullshit." I complain to myself.

"I don't like working with you too, mud blood." Malfoy spat back at me.

"Shut up, Malfoy."

"You shut up Granger." Malfoy responded.

"Class dismissed." Professor Snape interrupted our argument again. I packed my stuff as I walked out the classroom. Far away, I saw the golden trio walking.

"Harry! Wait up!" I shouted as I ran towards the golden trio. Hermione was the first one to look back at my voice.

"Y/n! Long time no see! Do you want to join us for lunch today?" Harry asked as I caught up with them.

"I would love to! It's been a while since we talked." I replied. I looked back towards the Potion classroom and saw Malfoy glaring at me. I ignore him. What a weirdo.

"So... What have you been up to lately?" Hermione asked.

"You know... Just studying, hanging out with my friends." I answered. "Nothing special."

"I heard that you were partnered with Malfoy for the project. That must be really disappointing." Hermione furrowed her brows as she talked.

"If Malfoy bullies you, tell me. I'm going to beat the shit out of his head." Harry told me as he grind his teeth.

"Wow, you really hate Malfoy. That explains why you guys fight all the time." I replied.

"He always starts the fight. Not me." Harry uttered.

"Really?" I asked with a teasing face, looking back and forth at Ron, Hermione, and Harry.

"Anyways, did you make some friends in the dorms?" Ron asked quickly, changing the subject.

"Actually, Pansy is my roommate and we quickly became friends." I exclaimed.

"Pansy Parkison? She literally hates anyone who's muggle born." Hermione whisper-shouted, looking really surprised.

"Be careful you can never trust anyone who's close with Malfoy. Especially if they are a Slytherin." Harry warned me. His words scraped my heart like a sharp blade. Even though I'm not exactly close with Malfoy, I am a Slytherin.

"Well not you of course." Harry explained. I pushed my negative thoughts to the side. It's not right to only think about the worst outcomes. Maybe he was just looking out for me. After all, I am his best friend.

As I was lost in thought, we finally arrived at Charms class. We all entered together and sat in our seats. Hermione, Harry, Me, and Ron sat in order.