PROLOGUE

IF ONE ever got asked that getting married was one of most awaited moments in their lives, most of them probably would give 'Yes' as the answer. Who would say 'No' if one got to marry the dream partner in the most beautiful dream-come-true wedding? However, not all marriages and weddings are dreams come true. Some might consider marriage as a nightmare. To Zhang Huifen, becoming a wife at the age of 25 had never crossed her mind. Not for now she could say as she had other plans and goals in her life that she would love to achieve before anything else, especially marriage.

"I am definitely throwing myself into the hell," Zhang Huifen sighed heavily, looking at the wedding bouquet in her grip behind the veil indifferently. This was supposed to be someone else wedding, not hers. The bride was a different person actually, until it was decided two months ago that Zhang Huifen should be the bride for the eldest son of Chan Family.

"This is not my dream wedding," she added. This wedding was meant for the eldest daughter of Zhang Family, Zhang Ming Yue. Although it was a political marriage of two families, to be precise with, her family was desperately needed the financial aids from Chan Family, Zhang Huifen just found out that Zhang Ming Yue had crush on her supposed-to-be husband since her college years.

Zhang Huifen was sitting alone inside the waiting room, feeling bored rather than nervous. This heavy wedding gown with thousands of Swarovski crystal stones and disturbing veil had distracted her from thinking about her wedding night. This political marriage was not like a contract marriage liked she used to watch in movies or dramas, where the main leads would be sleeping in different rooms until they fell in love eventually. She was expected to carry out her duty as a wife, including her duty in the bed.

"Mrs. Chan, it is the time now," sudden a young lady who was a part of the wedding crew approached, informing her that she needed to leave the room and standby at outside wedding hall.

"Okay," that was all she managed to say at this moment. Suddenly there were few female staffs came and helped her with the wedding gown. Indeed, it was a majestic wedding gown. Unfortunately, Zhang Huifen love a simpler wedding gown that her fiancé was against all her choices, saying those wedding dresses were too simple for their wedding. She had never dreamt of holding a majestic or wedding-of-the-year kind of ceremony as she preferred a simple beach wedding.

After the staffs were done fixing her gown and veil, they escorted her to the wedding hall. Now she started to feel nervous, especially after she saw a man around age 50 to 60 was waiting for her at outside wedding hall. That man was going to walk her down the aisle and hand her hand to her fiancé in few more minutes. He was Zhang Huifen's father yet their relationship was more like the strangers.

"Dad.." Zhang Huifen said reluctantly, almost awkward she could say. Zhang Yujian did not look at Zhang Huifen, not even a glance, as if she was the most disgusting thing to him. Zhang Huifen clenched her lips, trying to hold back the tears. He still hated her.

"Consider this marriage as the punishment from heaven," Zhang Yujian suddenly spoke, but his tone was cold as usual. Since that 'accident' 18 years ago, Zhang Yujian had thrown her out from Zhang Family. Thanks to her grandparents' last will, Zhang Huifen would still inherit a part of Zhang's fortune or else all the wealth would be donated to charity if any of the family members was trying to remove Zhang Huifen's name from the will.

'I can't cry right now. It will ruin my expensive makeup,' Zhang Huifen tried to cheer up herself. Zhang Yujian had always been harsh to her, so she did not expect any comfort word from him right now. Few seconds later, the huge entrance door of wedding hall was opened from inside. Zhang Huifen looked away for few seconds as the bright light from inside was hurting her eyes.

"Mrs. Chan, it is time to walk inside," the staff who was hiding behind the wall, called her out as he was giving her the que to walk now. She was few seconds late from what they had rehearsed since last week, so her few initial steps were a bit clumsy before she could find back her balance and rhythm. She ignored the sharp glare from Zhang Yujian, focusing more on her steps as she was being watching by thousand of guests inside this hall.

After all, this was the wedding of firstborn of Chan Family, one of the richest families in China. To Zhang Huifen who had lived a commoner life since age of 13, she had zero interest in the gossips or scandals among elite groups in China, so she had no idea about her fiancé until their first meeting two months ago. Chan Jun De, one of the most eligible bachelors in China and among elite groups, he had earned a nickname of Cold-Hearted Handsome Devil.

Zhang Huifen did not understand why women were so crazy about Chan Jun De. Yes, she admitted that he was handsome, but he always pulled a serious face and did not like to smile. He also had cold personality and was not gentleman at all. But knowing Zhang Ming Yue's competitive personality, she loved the guy like Chan Jun De.

Zhang Huifen heard after the countless failure of the blind dates and marriage arrangements by Chan Jun De's parents, he finally agreed to marry Zhang Ming Yue after one year of dating. Argh, her sister must have hated her even more for stealing her boyfriend! This was Zhang Ming Yue's wedding dream, not hers. Zhang Huifen snapped out from her deep thought. Now, there was nothing could save her from this marriage. Nothing!

Zhang Huifen glanced at handsome Chan Jun De when her father passed her hand to him. The 36-year-old Chan Jun De appeared much younger than his age in this black tuxedo. Truthfully, she did not pay attention to officiator speech because the next thing she realized that Chan Jun De had slipped the diamond ring on her finger. Oh My God, now she really could not run away from this Devil.

"Now, the bride, please put the ring on the groom's finger," Zhang Huifen took the ring and quickly slipped it on his finger. She just wanted this ceremony ended faster.

"Now, you may kiss the bride," before Zhang Huifen could say a word to Chan Jun De, he already grabbed her neck and swiftly bent their bodies, causing her to reflexively clutched his tuxedo for support. He then kissed her in front of thousand guests, which Zhang Huifen swore that she could feel his smile against her lips. This was her first kiss anyway.

"Zhang Huifen, finally you are mine," Chan Jun De whispered before kissing her again. 

************

Hi, this is the new story of NanTing Couple. Hope you like it