Laura's Theory

"Get back here Prim!" Rory screamed from behind me. I looked back and laughed at him. "Never!" I screamed, and continued to run to his house. I reached the door, and entered, saying a quick hi to Hazelle and hiding in living room. "Where is she?" Rory said to his mom, getting into the house.  "I have no clue." Hazelle said sarcastically, and I tried not to laugh.

I pulled myself out of my hiding spot, and said, "I win!" Rory rolled his eyes, grabbed my hand, and took me upstairs.

We sat down on his bed and he started to talk about homework. "Rory?" I said suddenly. "What's up?" He asked, and I sighed. "You always know how to make me feel better." I mumbled, and he hugged me. "I'm sorry. It gets better. You'll see. I promise." I nodded, and laid my head on his shoulder.

Hazelle called us down for dinner, and I left the comfort of Rory's arms. We sat down at the table, me Inbetween Rory and Posy. Hazelle set down plates full of stew, putting down hers, then Vick, then Rory and Posy, and as she did, she sent me a sad glance. I never eat, and I hate wasting food. Hazelle knows by now.

The boys talk about school, and Posy tried to tell me about her friends. She talked excitedly and fast, but elaborated on every detail.

In school the next day I forced Rory to sit with me and the few friends I made. Even though it was now December, I still wasn't able to regain my persona from when I was younger.

I sat inbetween Laura and Rory. In reality, most of the friends I made were Laura's. But that's unimportant.

Laura started tapping my shoulder at some point. "What Laura?" I sighed. "Guess who I went out with last week." I looked around the cafeteria, but shrugged. "Adler!" That caught Rory's attention. "My best friend Adler?" He asked, and Laura nodded excitedly. "Well then, we'll have to join you guys for a double date sometime then." Rory said, and Laura covered her mouth and shrieked. "What?" I asked, and Laura rolled her eyes.

"Rory was totally flirting with you in lunch today." Laura said as we walked through the snow to her house after school. "No. He's my best friend. It's not like that." I denied, but she shook her head. "He totally likes you. Do you not see how he stares at you in history?" She gushed, and I rolled my eyes. "Like I'm his friend."

We entered her house and went up to her bedroom. "Rory has a crush on you." She stated. "No he doesn't. There's no way." Laura banged her head on ber pillow. I laughed at her.

When I got home after Laura's house, Peeta came out with dinner. He was able to get Katniss to eat, using her favorite snack, cheese buns. But every night when dinner came around, he'd give me a sad glance, finding nothing for me. Sometimes he'd force me to eat a small something, but if it was too big I'd get sick.

As we sat around the table, Peeta went on about his day at the bakery, and how Rory can't cook to save his life. "Rory's an idiot." I joked, and Katniss wacked me. "She's not wrong." Peeta mumbled, and Katniss wacked him too. But I threw my arms up in agreement and Katniss rolled her eyes.

Rory and I spent our Saturday in the hob, wandering around stalls and getting stew from Greasy Sae. "You know, you look best when you're smiling." Rory mumbled. "I'll try to do it more." I said, and he slipped his hand into mine and we continues to walk around the hob. My smile stayed the rest of the day.

"Peeta, can you help me?" I said a few days later. "What's up Prim?" He asked, looking up from his sketch. I checked to make sure Katniss wasn't downstairs. "Laura said Rory likes me. You liked Katniss for years, you should be able to tell me some advice." I complained, and Peeta's face went pink, making me laugh. "Give me an example." He said after my laughing fit ended.

I thought back. He's always called me pretty, but that's just being supportive. He holds me a lot, but it's because I need a hug. He holds my hand a lot. Peeta raised his eyebrows. "That's flirting." I blushed. "I said that aloud?" He nodded. I groaned and put my head in my hands. "Do you like him?"

Do I? Yeah, I guess I do. I nodded and Peeta said, "Talk to him. Can't make it any worse."