Mom

I woke up and barged into Katniss and Peeta's room. "Prim?" One of them asked, but I didn't care who. Turns out it was Peeta, because Katniss was still sleeping. Large hands grabbed my shoulders and stopped me, but I tried to push past. "Prim, what's wrong?" Peeta whispered. "I just want my sister!" I yelled at him angrily.

I really wanted my mother, but she was gone, so Katniss was my only option. I had a nightmare, which had never happened. I had dreamed that when the bomb went off, and my mother who was ten feet away, not only was hit, but so was Katniss.

I duck and run past him, and snake my way next to Katniss. She woke up and hugged me back. "What's going on?" She asked tiredly. "You have an extremely persistent sister." I rolled my eyes. "I had a nightmare, both mom and you. Both mom and you were struck by the bomb." Katniss wrapped her arms around me and we stayed like that until morning.

Summer is wonderful. Truly. But the only thing on my house's mind this year, is last year. Katniss and Peeta got taken from the game. 12 was bombed. Everyone went to 13.

A few days after the nightmare, Katniss decided we should all go down to a lake in the woods. She also invited me to bring Rory, so quite obviously, I did.

Peeta and Katniss walked ahead of us in silence, but Rory and I were talking loudly. He was telling me about all the drama from the end of school. He's really the only person I've hung out with in my school, everyone is distant to me.

"You know, Katniss is telling me I should go back in the fall." I whispered, amd Rory asked me to repeat myself. "Katniss wants me to go back to school." Rory's face lit up and he hugged me. "I don't know if I can though. Not in September."

I couldn't let the tears come. They haven't came in so long. "That's okay. If you don't, I'll make sure to tell the teachers." He locked his hand into mine comfortingly. "Thank you."

Once we arive, I take a moment to picture it. The way the trees cast shadow on the lake, there's an old cabin, the small rope of sand, the flowers along the trees.

Katniss grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the cabin. "Dad and I used to keep our stuff in here while we were hanging out here." We walked inside and I admired the old wood and design.

We left the cabin and decided to get in the water. The only problem is, Rory and I never learned to swim. It wasn't our fault, there's nowhere for us to learn.

"All you do is move your arms like this," Katniss started moving her arms infront of her then moving then backwards, "and kick your legs. It's easy, just try it."

A few days later I had to meet with the principal of the school. Since I missed an entire year, I was a little behind. Rory would sometimes show me his science or math homework and it looked relatively easy. But it's not the same as skipping a year.

I entered the office and saw Mr. Daven sitting at his desk. "Hello." I mumbled as I sat down in the chair across from him. "Hello miss Everdeen. So, you didn't come to school even though you were entered. Why is that?" He asked, and I shrugged. "I just couldn't. I was taking care of Katniss, I was grieving, I was trying to forget." I let out quietly. "Other children were grieving aswell, your sister did it just a few years ago when your father died." I rolled my eyes at Mr. Daven.

"Yeah, okay. But were the kids, at thirteen years old, out on the feild. No, they couldn't be unless they were fifteen. Did the other kids have to take care of someone who was basically family, when he was asleep for the fear of being attacked? Did the other kids have to worry about their sister, knowing she could die? And if she did, they would have to be broadcast along all of Panem because that was the only other option? Did other kids have to watch their mother die?"

By the time I finished talking I was crying. I had never even thought of some of this stuff until now, it just came out. "No, miss Everdeen. I think you should leave now, but locker night is on August 28."

Katniss said she was taking Rory into the woods to hunt, so I couldn't go home or to Rory. I could go to the bakery and ask Peeta for help. He'd probably help better than Katniss anyway.

I walked for a few blocks with my head down, nobody will see Prim Everdeen cry unless she lets them. I opened the door of the bakery and saw Peeta working at stocking the front counters. "Hey Prim." He called distracted. "Hi. Can you help me?" I asked. He looked up, and his face instantly became concerned. "What's wrong?" He came around the counter and sat me down at a table. "What happened at the meeting?"

I shook my head before saying, "I told him I was grieving and taking care of Katniss, and he said Katniss did that to me years ago. Then I said I was in the feild illegally, then I brought up my time working as an assistant for you, then about worrying for Katniss. I said they would try to film me next. Then I said I watched mom die."

Peeta hugged me and I continued to cry. "You can't tell Katniss." I whispered. "Never."