Chapter 12

Recap:

"Because the Decepticons have discovered the location of our base," Optimus said gravely.

Now:

   The Autobots watched as the Nemesis got closer, the rumbling hum of its engines loud in the air. On its deck, Megatron stood with Knockout on his left and Soundwave on his right, and the dozens of ranks of Decepticon drones behind him. The 'Glorious Leader of the Decepticons' was missing the lower half of his right arm from the fight for the Omega lock as he spoke to the troops, "our opportunity to revive Cybertron has been lost," he clenched his left hand to his chest, "due to the treachery of Optimus Prime! But from our fortress of New Kaon," he turned to face the troops, sweeping his arm and extending his open hand to them, "we will instead seize control of this world! DECEPTICONS, TRANSFORM, AND RISE UP!!!!!!" he commanded.

   Starscream grinned malevolently from where he stood at the head of the silver seekers, then exclaimed, "I thought he'd never ask!!!!!"

   With that, he and the other seekers ran forward and transformed, flying to attack, and he yelled, "COME, MY ARMADA! ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTAAAAACCCKKKK!!!!!!!!!" They opened fire on the Autobots, flying low over the top of the base. Optimus leapt to the side to avoid being rammed by Starscream, Bulkhead and Bumblebee ducking down with him, while Arcee and Smokescreen dove the other way. As soon as they'd regained their feet, they opened fire on the Decepticons, and Optimus equipped his battle mask and left blaster as he and Bulkhead turned to face the Insecticons now attacking, but before Bulkhead could do much, he was rammed by an Insecitcon, knocking him back, and Smokescreen blasted at anything he could from nearby, while Optimus battled valiantly. But although they fought hard, there were too many enemies to achieve victory over, and Optimus ordered, "Autobots, into the base!"

   Bulkhead paused, shielding his face with his arm, as Agent Fowler hopped into his helicopter and closed the door, starting it up, "Fowler, what are you doing?"

   "My job, Two-Ton," Fowler replied, lifting off and flying towards the incoming seekers, while the lift lowered the Bots into the base.

   Inside, the base shook, dust falling from the ceiling, causing Ratchet and Windblade to look upwards at it. Jack, followed by Raf and Miko, ran over to the railing of the human area closest to Ratchet, "what's happening?"

   The aged medic turned to see the rest of the team walk over, and Windblade looked anxiously at them for news as Ratchet asked in his gruff way, "what is going on out there?"

   "The Decepticons have invaded Jasper," Optimus said, glancing at the ceiling before looking down at his oldest friend, and Windblade covered her mouth as her eyes widened in horror as Bulkhead continued, "and Fowler seems to think he can hold 'em off."

   "There must be something we can do, something I can do, to help!" Windblade said, wings erect with determination. Before Optimus could answer -or Ratchet protest- Agent Fowler spoke over the comms, "Prime! Reinforcements just arrived!"

   "Agent Fowler, your military cannot prevail against the-" Optimus exclaimed, only to get cut off by a voice unfamiliar to Windblade, "you didn't think I was going to let Team Prime have all the fun, did ya?"

   Bulkhead's expression went thoughtful before overjoyed and he laughed, "haha, its Jackie!" "Wheeljack!" Ratchet said in surprised, but not at all displeased, "but... how did you-?" 

   A live feed from 'Wheeljack' popped up on the monitors, and Windblade tilted her head as she took in the mech's appearance as he cut Ratchet off, "I picked up a strange energy surge. Hope you don't mind the company," he smirked. Ratchet blinked, looking slightly ashamed of himself, "well, no, its just, after everything..." he trailed off, and Wheeljack smirked even bigger at them, if that was possible, from within his ship, "we're still on the same team, Doc. Always will be."

   Windblade crossed her arms with her own amused smirk, before startling when Wheeljack winked, "and when we win, you better introduce me to the pretty new femme."

   Windblade's face flushed bluish with startled and flattered embarrassment, her wings twitching more as the feed ended so Wheeljack could focus on the battle in the sky above the base. 

   "Ratchet, prepare to bridge everyone out of here," Optimus suddenly ordered, startling Windblade even more, and her wings twitched. Ratchet turned to Optimus, who was facing the groundbridge, in shock, "we're abandoning the base?" 

   Optimus turned to face them, "the base is lost. Wheeljack and Agent Fowler can only buy us time to escape. Bumblebee, Rafael, you will depart first."

   "Just me and Raf?" Bee asked, and Raf looked between the bars of the railing, "You're splitting us up?"

   "S-shouldn't we stick together?" Jack asked, Miko following up with, "All for one and one for all?" she clasped her hands together in worry. Optimus looked at them gravely, "we must disperse to avoid capture, until we can regroup to launch a counterattack." The team looked at each other as he continued, "Survival is our only priority now." Windblade stepped forward, "Optimus Prime, Sir," she started, but was cut off as Optimus continued ordering the departures, and her idea was left unspoken. She watched sadly as Bumblebee and Raf were bridged out, then the coordinates shifted for the next duo of Guardian and charge. She felt her spark throb with sorrow as she saw the sad looks that Jack and Miko shared with each other, and her wings drooped, whispering, "this isn't right..."

   Bulkhead and Miko drove through the groundbridge, Arcee and Jack going through only a few moments after as Ratchet changed the coordinates. Optimus turned to Windblade and Smokescreen, "Windblade, you will go with Smokescreen." she opened her mouth to protest, but was silenced by his stern gaze and nodded, stepping up to the Groundbridge where Smokescreen had turned to face them, and he saluted, Windblade turning to do the same before they both transformed and left through the groundbridge.

   On the other side, Smokescreen stopped and looked back at the groundbridge, sharing a look with Windblade, who nodded and blasted back through, Smokescreen seconds behind her. She broke through the other side, but screamed as she felt a searing pain as an explosion ripped through the base, throwing her back through the vortex of the Groundbridge, but the collapsing portal sent her to a random set of coordinates, and as she weakly tried to get up, looking up at her surroundings, in the sand on a beach of an island, facing towards a forest, her dazed and blurry gaze caught sight of 4 oddly shaped figures with glowing eyes in various colors staring at her in shock before she collapsed again, her vision going dark.

WOOOOOOO!!!! That was the end of Season 2 of the Transformers Prime series, which throws us right into Season 3! The Next Chapter will be the Featured Chapter for reaching 50 followers! Thank you all so much for reading my fanfiction, and I hope you enjoy the next part of the story! (P.S. much of the first episodes of Season 3 WILL NOT be covered, since this is supposed to be mainly based off of Windblade's base POV, although this is set in third person. During the time of those scenes, we will be having a bit of lore behind a very special plan I have ;) Enjoy!!!)