Chapter 7

Not really anything to say here, so here's a tiny recap.

Recap:

   "I am receiving a message," Optimus said. Windblade managed to stand, and she spoke up, cutting off Rachet, "From whom?"

   Her optics widened -all of their optics widened- at Optimus' response.

   "Alpha Trion."

Now:

   "Optimus. What is Alpha Trion saying?" Rachet asked the unresponsive Prime.

   They watched Optimus holding the sword high in the air, and Windblade studied his expression for any clues that he was coming back to reality, when he suddenly went limp, barely crouching, holding the sword in front of him. Rachet walked to the Prime's side as he groaned softly, Windblade's wings twitching. Everyone had stepped forward in worry for the Leader of the Autobots, and Rachet steadied the Prime as he stood again, "Easy, Optimus."

   "So. Did Alpha Trion ask about me?" the white and blue bot asked cockily, and Bulkhead pushed him back out of the way, stepping forward, "what was the message?"

   "It is paramount that we recover the final four Iacon relics; the Omega Keys." Optimus said gravely. Arcee walked closer, confused, "Keys?"

   "To what?" Rachet asked, after briefly looking at Arcee to turn back to the Prime. Windblade's wings twitched again, glad that she was patched up but eager to return to her comrades. She inhaled sharply when Optimus replied, her optics widening.

   "To the regeneration of our home planet."

   Windblade blinked, stunned, "the.... regeneration...... of Cybertron....?" her balance wavered, and Rachet rushed to her side to make her sit down on the medical berth again, "ep, ep ep, you're going to reopen your wound if you try to do anything at the moment. Not to mention you're in desperate need of refueling. How long has it been since you did so?"

   "erm...... not sure.... a few days before Skyblade One left Cybertron..? Oh, and a little after Hammerhead was treating my wounds from the crash on Earth," she replied sheepishly, then stiffened, her wings flaring wide as the whole Team stared at her in shock, "w-what, did I do something wrong?!"

   "It's been a long time since Cybertron has fallen. The fact that you're still functioning NOW is a MIRACLE!!!" Rachet scolded. Windblade's wings drooped again, going nearly flat against her backplates, "I can survive on low Energon levels. I did so for many years back on Cybertron, long before the war. Can you at least introduce Mr. Hotshot over there in the meantime? I'd like to get back to MY team when I'm set free. No doubt Starfleet's panicking after I sent Junebug back alone..."

   "Oh. I'm Smokescreen!" the strange mech said enthusiastically, "who's Starfleet?"

   "My SIC." Windblade replied, sighing.

   "Pack your gear!" Bulk said, punching his fists into his palm, "we're going back to Cybertron!"

   Bumblebee whirred and made an overexaggerated shrugging motion, "I can't believe it!"

   "Hahaha! Well believe it now, Bumblebee!" Rachet laughed triumphantly, "Civilization at last!"

   "But I just got here!" Smokescreen interjected, sitting on a 'countertop'. He turned to Arcee as she hugged herself, "remember oil baths? First thing I'm doing planetside is soaking for an entire solar cycle!" she raised her arms above her head, closing her eyes as she imagined it. Windblade smiled faintly, but her gaze was hollow, empty. Bulkhead laughed, "I can't wait to tell Miko!"