Equality

Sabre

My peaceful daze was taken away by a familiar voice calling out my name. Light Steve. At first, I ignored his voice just wanting to stay asleep, until I suddenly felt him grab me.

"Sabre wake up! We have been trying to find you for the last hour! It's time for the ending ceremony." I opened my eyes to see the area was completely q
empty. I groaned as Light suddenly carried me on his back.

"Sorry... guess I was..." I paused as a yawn escaped me. "More tired than I thought..." I began forcing myself to wake up. Even with my response Light kept carrying me. He could carry me with ease with his height being 6'8. He grew a bit when he became Light Steve.

"It sounds like it, but we need to hurry. Thankfully you are doing your speech last." I sighed and came out of him. "Then again we probably should have known this would happen, you need more sleep than everyone else does." He adds reminding me of another difference between me and the Steves.

"Alright Light I hear you, can I walk on my own now?" I asked politely. He stops and lets me slide down his back where I managed to get onto my feet. I took a second to stretch. Light looked at me as he waited for me to be done with waking up. "Let's go." He goes ahead at a fast pace and I follow him by his side. The closer we got to the citadel the more Steves I saw heading in the same direction we were. I looked up at the sky to see that it was getting brighter already. The sun will rise soon and end the festival with it. Light snuck me through a back entrance so we could get inside the citadel where I saw all the leaders standing and talking to each other.

"Sorry I'm here, I fell asleep." I waved to the leaders. Violet Leader sighs and shakes his head.

"Of course you did, I hope you rested well then." He smiles softly.

"Thanks, Violet Leader I did, is everyone ready for this?" I asked them all. They nodded.

"We are, we are going in color order. It's going to be interesting. We are all just discussing a few last things. We are going to our rooms for a second to clean ourselves up a bit." The Orange Leader adds.

"Sounds good! I'll be waiting down here then." I smile at them. I looked back to see the Indigo Leader looking just as nervous as ever.

"I just hope this goes well..." He mutters. Blue Leader puts an arm around him.

"It will, we are all going to do well."

"Be back down in ten minutes everyone. Especially you Orange Leader." Yellow Leader reminds everyone as they go to their rooms to clean up a bit leaving me and Light alone for a bit.

"I feel ready for this, are you Sabre?" Light asked me once All the leaders were gone.

"I think I am... it's still weird you wanted me to do a speech, but I understand." Light Steve steps over to me and cleans my hair up a bit.

"It's something we think will be for the best, I'm glad you understand Sabre. Still, we can't have you out looking like this. Morning hair is not your friend."

"Heh, thanks. I know it's not." I adjusted the blindfold over my eyes once he was done. I looked over at him. He was wearing what he normally wears. White robes with reflective light grey lotuses are designed into the pants of the robe. Overtop he wore the chest plate of the colorless guard armor as well as their boots. The sleeves on his robe were short and perfectly cuffed his wrists. His hair was long and always up in a smooth high ponytail that was braided down. He had a few pastel streaks of orange in his hair. His eyes would sometimes reflect an orange color as well. His final piece was something he always had an orange necklace that was in a lily design. He had it even when he was Shy. It was off-center too.