Chapter 1

"Do we really have to, mom?" Percy asked as he looked at the building in front of him. It was just like another other school but it came with a sense of regency, it immediately gave him the urge to straighten his back. "Did we really have to move for this?" He asked quietly, the New York accent stood out among the chattering of general American accents.

He held a bag in his hand, and another was draped over his shoulder. He didn't explode the science lab back at his old school in New York, he wasn't even allowed near the Bunsen Burner or anything made out of fire for that matter. It was just a coincidence, and his mother believed that. But the school district representative didn't, the man argued that actions had to be taken.

Percy thinks the only reason he is doing something now is because his daughter was in the hallway outside of the classroom and had endured only a little scratch, but was very shocked about it.

"Yes Percy." His mother said solemnly as she crouched down to look him in the eyes, the swirling green eyes that she saw in the eyes of his father. "It's for the best." She said. Percy knew she also had no choice, the parents were starting to warn their children not to get close to him, because weird accidents happen whenever he is around. So he just got bullied a little, why did they have to move across the country for it?

"Okay." He could never argue against his mother's wishes. He had been a burden for so long that there was no other choice. "Can I come home during the weekends?" He asked quietly, he knew that he wouldn't be able to go long without his mother, not without her comforting food, her comforting hugs or her comforting smile. He's always calm whenever she's near him.

"Only if they give you an extra day off, otherwise you can only come home for your vacations." She said quietly and ran a hand through his hair, the wild wavey hair. "But I'll see you soon enough, and we will talk, you'll send letters to me, right?"

Percy nodded dutifully. He knows he will do anything to talk to her, even if he wasn't allowed to use a phone. They didn't have the money for phone privileges but letters were free, and they could be sent any time of day. "Yes mom." He said and gulped.

"You'll be old enough, soon." She said as she pulled his jacket closer to one another, so that the wind didn't make him any colder. "Then you'll have a car, be able to drive back home, and sleep back home. Maybe you'll have a job." She said and her smile wavered. "Soon you'll be all grown up."

"Soon." Percy repeated to his mother. The woman nodded as she stood back up, he saw the other parents wrap it up with their children and Percy just threw his arms around his mother's waist. "Don't forget me." He murmured into her jacket.

"Never." She answered, "You won't forget me either, will you?" She asked, amused by his antics. Percy laughed breathlessly, the thought of ever forgetting about his mother was funny to him. Anyone who would have ever met her wouldn't be able to forget her. Before he let go of his mother, his eyes fell on the girl who just stood face to face with her mother. She looked angry to be left at military school. "It's time, Perseus." She whispered, letting go of her son and running yet again another hand through his hair.

"Okay mom." Percy said quietly as he picked up the bag he dropped onto the ground. He looked over at the school and realized that he had never been away from his mother for long. It was always two days maximum and never longer than a month without vacation or an extra long weekend. "Bye." He wanted to throw a tantrum so that he didn't have to leave her, but the gray hairs between his mother's hair just kept appearing and he knew that he was to blame. They shared a sad smile before Percy had to turn around and walk through the gates.

As soon as he walked through the gates, he saw the crosses taped onto the ground and how new students were standing on them. Military school was known for its discipline and Percy fell in line, fast. Beside him stood a chinese boy, he was a bit big and chubby but he was tall. He was wiping away his tears while he kept a determined look on his face.