Chapter 62

Chapter 62

Exams and practical? Well not really practical becayse I love cooking but exams are something that I do not really like. Nkosana has been so supportive of me as well. I didn't make any friends at school because I am not there to make friends and I am there to just get my work done and then I leave and go back to my children. 
Time has passed really fast and my kids are growing so very fast too and sometimes I wish that I can rewind and get them back to being those little babies that I once birthed but also Nkosana likes that they are growing and looking a bit more like him and less like me when they were born but I just think they really took my skin colour and a bit of my hair because they are a bit hairy too but they look like him now more than they look like me.  
I drag myself as I have my apron over my shoulders and my bag in my hands and I see Nkosana by his car, it is late afternoon and I am so drained and the meals we prepared were what drained me and I think I did good with my team as the lectures were really impressed. I really hope that I passed and that I get to finish this course.
Nkosana approaches me and he takes my apron off my shoulder and takes my bag before he kisses my forehead and I lay my head on his chest and I sigh. 
“Tired?”,He asks.
“Yes, my feet hurt”
“I will give you a message”,He says.
“I want you to hit me like those people hit them on their backs”,I say and he laughs. 
He wraps his arm around my shoulder. 
“I will not hurt you"
“Just make me feel better”,I say and sigh.
“I will, come”,He pulls me to the car and we get inside. 
I take off my shoes and he goes around the car and I look at my feet and they look swollen. 
“Were you standing all day?”
“Yes but I am used to it"
“They look like big balls”,I look at him and he raises his hands. 
“That's not nice”,I say.
“They don't look normal though”,He says.
“I had them like this morning”,I say and he frowns.
“Why didn't you tell me?”
“I didn't think it would get worse.”
“I will take you to the doctor”,He says.
“But I am not really sick”,I say. 
“Just to get something to help with the swelling”,I nod my head and sigh.
“Okay”,He soon starts the car and he drives off after that.
I relax on the seat as he takes me to the doctor. I am just really tired and I just want to get home, bath, sleep and rest and probably get some cuddles if that is possible and see my kids. 
We get to the doctor's office and he comes and helps me out of the car and we make our way inside.
He goes to the reception while I sit down and wait for him and he comes and sits next to me. 
I swing my feet as I am waiting. We wait for 3 people who came first before us before we are let inside the office. We get inside and the doctor is smiling as he welcomes us. His hair is nice and blond. I like the colour.
“Good day, how are you?”,He says.
“Hello”,We greet him back.  
We are gestured to sit down and we do so. 
“What can I help you with?"
“My wife has swollen feet since morning and it doesn't usually happen”,Nkosana
“Can we move to the bed to have a check up?”,We nod our heads. 
We move to the bed and I am helped on it and he looks at my feet and he checks them and touches them.
“Do they hurt?”,he asks.
“A bit because I have been working.”,I say.
“Does this often happen?”
“No”,I say. 
“Okay let me do some tests on you”,He says and I nod my head. 
He checks my blood pressure and he finds that it is a bit higher than normal.  He checks everything else and decides to take my blood tests.
“I will take this to the lab and get the results as soon as possible",He says.
“So what might be the matter?”
“It could be anything but it is better when we get the results to see what we can do next.”,The doctor says and I nod my head.
“Okay”
“Don't you make people per in cups and test that as well or something”
“We do and if you feel she needs it then...”
“She does”,He says and the doctor nods his head.
“Okay, I will get a cup for you Miss”,He walks off and I look at Nkosana. 
I just want this visit to be over and done with. 
The doctor comes back and he gives me a cup and tells me to pee in it.
He also tells me he will do STI tests just to be sure and I just nod my head. 
I go to the bathroom and I pee in the cup and wash my hands after that and walk out after flushing.
I did clean the cup around where there was some spillage so it is a bit okay.
I get to the doctor and he takes my pee and tests me for STI's and I seem to be clear.
He dips a strip into the pee and pulls it out after some time and closes my pee and he looks at the thing.
“Ah,I see the little problem",he says.
“What is it?”,I ask now a bit worried.
So there is a problem? Am I dying?
“Am I dying?”
“No, your pregnancy test came back positive”,I see Nkosana shift next to me and I frown.
“What do you mean?"
“He means you are pregnant Zano”,I turn to Nkosana and look at the doctor too.
“I can't be pregnant. We just started being intimate like a few weeks and some days ago.”,I say. 
Nkosana keeps quiet.
“Do you want us to make sure of what is happening?”,The doctor asks.
“Yes”,Nkosana says first.
We are back on the bed.  I get laid on my back and my belly is exposed. A lot is going through my mind at the moment. The twins are still young and I can't be really pregnant right now right? I shouldn't be because I have the boys already. 
The cold gel is on me and the doctor moves his thing on my belly and he looks at the screen.
“She is indeed pregnant. There is her embryo”,he says.
“Fuck I am dead”,Nkosana says under his breath and I look at him. 
I keep my silence. 
The doctor wipes my belly and he tells me that my test results will be back after 3 days from the lab. 
I am assisted off the bed and he gives me vitamins and tells me to lay off my feet for a while until all tests are done and soon we are out of the office.
We are both silent.
I hope this is some nightmare that I will wake up from.
We get to the car and Nkosana helps me inside and closes the door before he goes around and gets in his side and he sighs there after. 
The silence is too loud in the car for us.
“I am sorry”,he says and I turn and look at him.
“It is not your fault”
“It is”
“I...I, we didn't think this would happen right?”,I say and he nods his head. 
“But sex leads to that”,He says.
“I know”,I keep my silence. 
“I know how being a parent is daunting already for us and that you are not ready to have another child”,He says. 
I keep my silence for a while.  
I fiddle with my fingers that moment and I look at him as he looks at me with worry on his face as he looks at me. Waiting for me to say anything to him. 
“Does that mean I can get 2 push gifts now because I want to have a car for me and the boys?”,his face changes and he starts laughing as I look at him. 
“I am being serious Nkosana."
“Baby I am so worried here and...You know your aunt will kill me more especially my mother”
“I want to know what I will get next. I am supposed to get 3 things actually. My hole will become big because of your babies”,I say and he keeps on laughing and places his hand on his chest.
“Stop laughing Bhungane”,he slowly stops.
“I am sorry baby”,I sigh and fold my arms. 
“You will get anything you want. Let's just wait until you start showing before you tell anyone”,I give him a look.
“You know I can't shut up about anything”,He sighs and rubs his face.
“Okay, pretend like you don't know”
“How?”
“Just promise me you will try”,I lightly sigh.
“Okay”,I say and he starts the car.
“You promise not to say anything until you start showing”,This is going to be something else. 
-----------
“I am going to have another baby aunty”,I say and silence is on the other side on my aunt's line. 
I couldn't hold it in, I had to tell her. I am really scared and I know the girls will be very happy for me but I am scared. The boys are young and now this? I don't want to be shaped like an Oval because I couldn't stop having babies. What if I have a creche of children? I want to take out my womb after this, maybe I should. 
“Haibo Zano,. You guys got off from your probation and you are having another baby manje?”
“Aunty I didn't think I would get pregnant so quickly”
“Awu Kodwa. Sothini because your man is rich. He can finance them atleast so knock yourself out”,She says.
“Aunty I don't want to be like a soccer ball”
“At the rate you are going with this man you will be like a ball a huge yoga ball”,She says and I gasp.
“Aunty don't say that, I will not be like that"
“Start hitting the gym then and stop making babies. Condoms and contreceptives are for that",She says.
“I don't like having a plastic in me. It makes me feel anxious”,I say.
“Angisazi ke Zano. Zala mazalane”,I groan. 
Nkosana opens the door and he has a tray of food that he has made for me. 
“He is here, I have to go and don't tell anyone please”,I quickly whisper to the phone speaker.
“Okay, bye”,She hangs up and Nkosana is next to me. 
“Why are you being sneaky?”,He asks as he sits down next to me and puts the trey on my lap.
“Nothing.”,He gives me a look. 
“Mmh”,I feel sweaty already.
“I told aunty”,I say and cover my mouth.
“But we spoke about this baby"
“I couldn't lie to her. You know I can't lie”
“You are not lying Zano, you are just keeping something to yourself”,He says.
“I am sorry"
“She will kill me"
“She said I will be a yoga ball soon”,I say and he looks at me.  
“You will not be one”,I sigh and he pulls me go him.
“We will figure things out okay?”,I nod my head. 
I am not ready honestly. 

BOITUMELO

Durban was very nice, I really enjoyed my time there with my boyfriend and I wish that I didn't have to leave that soon but I had no choice but to come back before my aunt even finds out that I was in the province. As much as she vouched for me but I am quiet sure that she is very strict at that and she wouldn't take any nonsense from unmarried people. 
I came back with some things that I got from Smiso. I even met his parents that quickly and they are really nice people, just like himself. 
Now I , Boitumelo have a boyfriend whom is from Durban. 
A nice man at that. He just has a way of making me feel comfortable. I am at this stage where I am so in love with this man that I fear nothing when I should fear something but at this point I trust him a lot. I just hope he doesn't disappoint me in any way at all.