chapter three

🐇𓍢ִ໋🌷͙֒🪐...

JOHN CARVER TAGGED YOU IN A POST!

val rolled in her bed at the notification sound, her hand roaming around her bed to grip her phone and look at the notification.

once she grabbed her phone, she saw the time. 11:19 am, friday. she noticed her 6 missed calls, but assumed nothing of it.

she opened up the notification from instagram, being taken to the post.

val's eyes widened in utter shock at the sight of a man's decapitated head sat on a plate. he must've died in fear, for his teeth bared apart and his brows were furrowed, his eyes big and wide.

she jumped out of bed, hurriedly getting ready to meet up with the group and talk about the photo.

🐇𓍢ִ໋🌷͙֒🪐...

during their passing period, valentina was about to go straight to her next class until a hand grabbed her arm and pulled her into an empty classroom.

she jerked her arm back and glared at who snatched out of the hallways and into the classroom. it was evan, behind him was the rest of the group who were all talking together.

"we heard the cops talking. you wouldn't happen to know a the security guard, doug? would you?" jess asked, raising a brow at the girl.

"you mean the new guy? no." val scoffed, chuckling lightly at the idea of them implying her as suspicious.

"did you kill anyone last year, valentina?" gabby questioned. "how could i if i was under everyone's fucking feet that night? look, i'm not gonna stand here and be accused of something i'm not. if you want to believe that i'm the killer, go ahead and ghost me again. tell everyone i'm the killer." valentina shrugged and folded her arms carelessly.

"okay, fine — sorry! it's just... hard to trust everyone right now." jess sighed. "yet you're all always together and don't think anything of it. you know, jess, you should really be suspecting your boyfriend. he and his roommate knew a lot more about doug than i ever did." valentina added before storming out of the classroom.

she rolled her eyes as she continue down the hallway. she wondered how they could accuse her after everything they've been through with her.

"maybe— maybe she is killing everyone." gabby brought up after a moment of silence and watching valentina walk off.

"what? no, we thought that at first but if she's willing to walk around and be called a killer then she has to be serious about not being a killer. right?" jess looked at the group, waiting for them to agree. they nodded, but were curious to hear gabby out.

"think about it, alright? she was being trampled, almost died that night until bobby tried to help her and practically failed. neither of us tried to help her. she nearly broke her back and had to take like a shit ton of psychical therapy until she was okay again. so since none of us helped her, she's probably pissed, right? maybe she wants revenge." gabby explained.

"she wouldn't do that. i mean, she couldn't. she's 5'2 and out here decapitating 6 foot men." evan snarked, not convinced with gabby's words.

"but she could still be helping the killer." yulia said. "who cares? it's not true." jess disagreed with the two girls.

"throw another party tonight, ev. if someone dies, it has to be her." scuba bet. "my house is still trashed man, i don't know." evan sighed stressfully.

"we'll throw it at mine then." scuba declared. "this is all so crazy. we shouldn't be throwing parties when there's a fucking killer on the loose." jess shook her head in disapproval with the idea.