chapter two

🐇𓍢ִ໋🌷͙֒🪐...

the next morning, valentina woke up to the sound of her phone ringing.

no one else seemed to hear it, all knocked out and dead asleep. it was her father calling. she checked the time, it was 5:32 in the morning.

"hello?" she answered the call. "where are you, valentina? i woke up for work, you're not home." the man spoke.

"shit— sorry. i slept over at a friend's." valentina lied. well, it was partially true. except for the friend part.

"well, come home." he demanded, then hung up. her father was overprotective and stern when it came to who valentina hung out with, especially ever since the rightmart riot last year.

valentina carefully picked up jess's head from her shoulder and lied it on a pillow. she wondered how she would get home, but she didn't live too far. she decided to walk.

she got up from the couch, her head sore from her hair being up. she quietly walked outside, screaming when she saw the dead body from last night.

she had completely forgot about it, and was shocked that no one else noticed the person.

valentina clapped her hands over her mouth, realizing that she probably woke someone up.

she walked over to the body, wondering if she could call the police or what to do. the entire group stormed outside after hearing her scream, everyone's hair messy and eyes slightly puffy.

valentina turned around to look at them. "sorry." she chuckled nervously. "oh, shit. what do we do?" jess referred to the body on the ground.

"call the cops. say we woke up with it here." scuba suggested and shrugged. "val, want me to take you home?" jess asked her, walking over to her.

"yeah, please?" valentina answered with a nod. "i'll come too." gabby followed jess to the car.

"thanks for letting us sleepover." gabby thanked. evan gave the girls a nod before they drove off.

"she still has your shirt." scuba commented. evan shrugged. "looks better on her than it did me." he replied and walked back inside with scuba, who dialed 911.

🐇𓍢ִ໋🌷͙֒🪐

valentina walked inside her house after jess dropped her off. she was extremely groggy. her parents were both sat on the couch, looking worried.

her mother widened her eyes, narrowing them at valentina's outfit. "so, what friend was this?" her mother, kiara asked.

"uhh, jess. you know her, you like her. she's the sweet one." valentina said. "you mean the one who almost got you killed?" her father corrected.

"dad— guys... she wasn't capable of what happened that night! stop blaming her. neither are any of her friends responsible for it or what happened to me. they tried to help me, did you know that?" valentina argued.

"well, her father was the one who was an asshole and couldn't close the store." kiara shrugged in surrender. "we're just saying, hun. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." her father, james answered.

valentina rolled her eyes, attempting to walk upstairs. "who's shirt is that?" james mentioned, crossing his arms. valentina froze. she completely forgot she was wearing evan's football jersey.

"uhh— jess's. she was on the soccer team for sophomore year." valentina lied. "looks a little bit for her." kiara wasn't convinced.

"well— jess... lost weight since then." valentina stammered and then sped upstairs to her room, shutting the door immediately after and plopping into bed.