Chapter 10

Reni's jaw dropped when she saw him coming out of the changing room. She will not lie but the clothes looked decent on him, she never thought that Emily can pick such decent clothes.

Rheuss saw her shock and internally smirked seeing her reaction but what he didn't knew was that she was shocked at her daughter's choice of clothes, not his look.

"Dad looks good mommy, doesn't he?" Emily asked in her cute voice.

Reni looked towards her, smiled and gave a indifferent "Yeah"

Rheuss went to change again and the lady took the suit he has choosen. She  told her assistant to pack it.

Next she came with many wedding dresses for Reni and from many, they were like a dozens of dresses, some of which she has seen on the cover of magazines portraid by famous celebrities.

Every one with it's own unique pattern and design, looking elegant and stylish but Reni frowned after looking at them.

She wanted to run away but when she looked at Emi who was looking at her with big cute eyes she sighed.

"Dad,Which one do you think will look good on mommy?" asked Emily tugging at Rheuss' suit. He looked up at her and then at the dress.

An evil idea filled his mind, during the their conversation Nathan has told that she never liked trying on various dresses, especially heavy one, she disliked them very much.

He said "Why don't we let your mother try them all and then we will see which one looks better on her".

Reni's head snapped to his when these words left his mouth. She looked at him like he has gone crazy.

He was finding ways to torture her and she could not be more right.

"Mommy go" and her daughter too pushed her in the well.

Reni with a heavy heart while cursing Rheuss in her head went to the changing room with the lady.

She tried on many dresses that she has even lost count of but he rejected all of them.

Reni was getting frustrated as the minutes and the clothes she tried passed by.

Each time she will come out he will show his displeasure without even looking at her and her daughter will just comply with it.

Rheuss just sat while looking through some documents on his phone.

He will not deny but he was having a little fun looking at the frustrated and tired glances Reni gave him whenever she came out with a different dress on her.

He again glanced up a little when she came out again and his breathe hitched in his throat. He just stared with his mouth open in her direction like he was captivated.

She has not done any makeup and her hair were still in a ponytail but just a change of clothes made her look so different.

The dress fit her perfectly and showed how thin she was, she looked mesmerising, he thought that today she looks like this so when she would be properly dressed on the wedding, she will just stop his heart.

He was brought out of his reverie when Reni roused a brow at his stare.

"It's good" he said indifferently towards her hiding what he was just thinking .

He shaked his head at his impure thoughts, he should hate her, he reminded himself that he loves someone else.

Reni was relieved when she doesn't have to try more dresses but the thought that she would have to wear the dress again in some days her heart dropped.

After changing back to her jeans and T-shirt she came back to Emily.

The lady or the shop owner packed the clothes and handed them to her. There were two bags, one with her clothes and the other with his.

He paid with his card and they came out of the shop. Next they went to a mall to shop some new clothes for Emily and also the clothes for her reception.

Infront of the children's clothes shop Reni spotted someone familiar and waved at her.

Eva looked at her best friend waving at her and dragged her husband towards Reni.

"Eva"

"Reni, what a coincidence, are you here to shop for your wedding" Eva asked.

Reni nodded. Emily secretly winked at her aunt.

Eva looked at Emi knowingly and gave a big smile.

"Erik" Rheuss said looking at the man beside Eva.

"Oh, Rheuss so you really are getting married" Erik said hugging his friend.

"You know each other" Reni inquired.

"Yeah, Reni we are friends since our high school days like you and Eva" Erik said.

"Now lets go shop" Eva dragged Reni and Emily inside the store.

"I can't believe you are finally getting married, I thought that you will remain single all your life or you were... You know" Erik said smiling sheepishly.

"What did you thought?"

"Well, you know that you might be...." Erik said but again stopped.

Rheuss seemed to guess what he was thinking and send a glare his way "Don't even say that word or you are dead".

"Ok, Ok but you know bro, you got a great catch" Erik stated looking at the girls who were busy choosing clothes for Emily.

"Why do you think so?" Rheuss raised a brow at his friend.

Erik looked back from his wife towards Rheuss "From what Eva has told me since the last three years, Reni is a great person to begin with"

"How can you be so sure? And also that little girl" Rheuss said pointing towards Emi.

"She was adopted an year ago"

"You know about her where abouts?"

"Wasn't she adopted from an orphanage, but well I asure you that she is not her biological daughter, Eva often tells me about her, that girl avoids boys like they are some kind of plague, there are exceptions too but I know those people too well" Erik asured after all his wife has asked him to clear all misunderstandings that her friend might have created intentionally to stop this marriage.

"Like that Mike?" Rheuss questioned.

"You already met him, Eva, Reni and him has been together since university, they are best of friends"

"The best of friends, huh?" Rheuss spoke to himself as his gaze landed on Reni who was currently arguing with her best friend about the clothes they should buy.

"But you know Rheuss, after you are married, cherish them both otherwise you will surely regret it later" Erik suddenly spoke getting Rheuss' attention towards him.

"hmm,hmm" But Rheuss dismissed him.

Erik was just worried about his friend because he can never find a girl like her.

His wife's best friend, he knew her too well, well maybe not as much his wife knew her but he knew a fair share of things like that girl can't even hurt a fly but then also the ones who crossed her always ended up bad and in no way he wants something like that to happen to his friend.