Chapter 7

Reni quietly observed the person sitting before her. He was wearing a well ironed three piece suit that fit him perfectly. She thought that he was the type of guy Eva would state as handsome.

She can imagine Eva's face when she will get to know about this and trust her it gave her the chills.

Rheuss smirked looking at her staring at him.

'She might be mesmerised' he thought.

"Hey, listen whatever your name is, when they come inside after sometime tell them you don't like me and don't want this marriage" Reni said seriously.

Her words took him by surprise which was shown in his eyes. Well, he was really not expecting that,he had already planned what to do if she will not say no but here the girl was rejecting him without looking at him twice.

Reni didn't notice him staring at her as if she was a weird animal because she was busy thinking about what she should do to escape this marriage problem.

Rheuss looked at the girl calmly. He was a little happy that she said no but his pride was hurt too.

'Does she has a lover already?or that child is hers and not adopted' he thought about some possible reason for her rejection.

He was bewildered when she just head on rejected a perfect man like him.

"I can't" he said after a moment of silence, even though his pride was hurt but this marriage was not gonna happen.

"Why?" Reni asked him raising her brow.

"It's not like I want to marry you but I have no say in this marriage, it's all my parents" he stated calmly, wanting to get this over with quickly.

"The feelings are mutual but I don't have a say either" said Reni feeling stuck, no wonder her parents were so confident about this, seems like this was their plan from the start and she was so easily trapped.

'I guess they got me this time, I never thought that they can think of something like this' she thought.

'Or maybe he was also trapped, maybe he is not that bad, poor us'

After hearing her response Rheuss' eyebrows twitched, his hands turned into a fist as he thought 'That old man! When did he become this smart, last time I saw him he was still laughing goofily'

But he is not gonna lose.

"But if you didn't say no to this marriage I will make sure to make your life a living hell" he said coldly.

Reni looked at him sharply. 'I am taking my words back, it's not poor us but poor me, he is a jerk, can't he see we are both the victims here'

Then there was again silence with Reni glaring at him and him sitting there unbothered.

After sometime their parents came inside and sat at their respective seats.

"So.." Mr. Carter started the conversation "any objections".

Reni and Rheuss both scoffed thinking as if their opinions even matter.

"So that they have no objections and we also like the children so it's final, next month's 8th will be a perfect day for the marriage" said Mr Carter.

"So early!!" left Reni's mouth in surprise.

"I mean don't we have to do the preparations" she said when her parents glared at her and her supposed in laws were also looking at her.

"You don't need to worry about that Reni, we will take care of everything" said Mr. Carter.

Rheuss was glaring at her to say no but she ignored him. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction that his orders works on her.

Soon their siblings came inside and sat at their seats.

Dylan looked at his brother who was as usual difficult to read but his father looked happy so the plan was success he thought.

Reni whose mood has gone downhill smiled at the sight of her precious daughter who came and sat on her lap.

Emi has just sat down when her father said "Emi do you want a father"

Reni glared at her father.

"Mommy, are you getting married?" Emi asked her innocently.

"I will not if Emi doesn't want to have a father" Reni replied hoping that her daughter will say no to her marriage and they can live happily together, just the two of them.

Emi looked at the people in front and got down from her lap. She went to the other side and tugged on Rheuss' clothes.

"Are you the one getting married to mommy?" she asked.

He nodded unconsciously.

"Do you know how to cook super delicious food?" she asked again looking up at him with a grave look on her face.

"Yes?" he replied.

"Ok" she said now smiling and went back to her mother.

After sitting in Reni's lap she said "Emi is fine, mommy can get married, yay Emi can't wait for mommy's marriage"

"You will wear beautiful clothes, won't you mommy?" she asked her.

Reni gave her daughter an awkward smile "Ah"

"You will wear it, won't you mommy?" Kelly teased her elder sister as she elbow her.

Reni glared at her annoying younger sister who was grinning from ear to ear.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Reni glared at her best friend as she laughed hard.

"Here, I am nearing my death and you are laughing, what kind of friend are you?" Reni spoke angrily to her friend who can't stop her laugh at the news of her oh so good marriage.

"Don't be so dramatic, It's your marriage, not your funeral" Eva said wiping an imaginary tear from her eyes.

"Seriously, both are same, I will love to die rather than get married" Reni complained folding her hands on her chest while Eva laughed again at Reni's miserable fate.

"You know, I never knew that my dad can play such a cruel game"

"Oh, Reni whatever happened to you was right"

"I am really satisfied from your parents because of whom my greatest wish is finally going to come true"

"Seems like the Gods in the heaven has responded to my prayer,now I can die peacefully" Eva said while putting a hand on her chest dramatically and don't forget the smile looking at which Reni wanted to do nothing but strangle her best friend now and here.

"Then go die" said Reni.

Eva smiled at her cunning "Not until I see you getting married".

"You know you are talking like a grandma".

"And you like a five year old"

"You are supposed to be my best friend" Reni whined.

"Well, its true, that's exactly why I am doing this, It's for the best" Eva said sipping her coffee.

"For best, my foot, you know what I feel like now.." Reni said.

"Yeah, that you want to kill me and your fiancé with your bare hands" Eva completed for her.

"How..?"

"Oh, please, you have been saying this line to me since childhood whenever this topic came up" Eva reminded her.

"So show me" she said.

"Show you what?" Reni asked.

"His photo"

"I don't have it"

"Really?" Eva said eyeing her.

They both stared at each other for a while .

"Ok I give up" Reni said frustrated after some time.

"Here" she showed his photo that her parents has sent her.