Primrose, the Young Flower

"Katniss!" I called as I entered her room. I had let her be for two days, but when I still hadn't seen her, I decided it was time to barge in. "What Prim?" I sat down on her bed and hugged her. "You can't sit around and mope all day. It's not good." She chuckled. "Prim, I lost so many people. Finnick became one of my closest friends, and now he's gone. And I've cost you both your parents. You don't deserve this. I'm sorry." She rambled, and her eyes started watering. "Katniss, no. Preparing for a better world cost mom. And preparing us cost dad. This isn't your fault." I whispered.

Sae came by again with groceries, and I paid her quickly then got to cooking. I tried to make some basic pasta, but when I called Katniss down for lunch, she never came. I sighed and pulled on a sweater and left the house. The full bowl of pasta sitting on the counter.

Katniss isn't being fair. I lost a lot too. And she always took care of me over herself. So what's going on right now?

I went in the woods that I had always seen with my sister in. She always said it cleared her mind to be there, so I wanted to try. It was September, so the air wasn't too cold. I sat there for hours though, not concerned with anything, and the sun started to set. I got up from a log and started the short walk back to my house.

Instead of walking to Victor's Village, I found myself walking by the burnt down bakery. I personally was never close to Peeta, but he and Katniss loved eachother, surely he's coming back. He needs to come back.

Katniss and I had starved before. Before Katniss learned to hunt, we were almost dead. I didn't realize it then, seven years ago, but looking back on it I wish I had done more. And now here I am, feeling that same hunger, because I'm not doing anything.

I ignored the passing days, phone calls, and Katniss. I spent my days helping build up the town again. I loved it, because it reminded me of what had been the goal when mom was explaining it to me. Nobody is starved, well, nobody but the Everdeens. I stopped going grocery shopping, why would I if I'm not hungry and Katniss spends day after day in her room or in the woods or at Haymitch's house.

Before I know it, it's mid-January and they're opening up the schools. I don't want to go though. People try to convince me to open an Apothecary, but I ignore them. I definitely will, but to do what my mom did, I'd have to heal myself before I can heal others.

"I'm hunting." Katniss said as she walked out of the house. I've ignored her for a month. I felt bad, but she deserves it.

I get up and leave for a walk. I walk around the market place, hob, and seam. I even walk infront of the Hawthorne's house, but don't have the courage to go in there.

I want to walk in, see my best friend, the family Katniss had brought me to love as my own. But I know they would ask, and how do I explain that their brother created those bombs? Rory was in his compartment watching Vick and Posy the day of that battle. And I was in the feild worrying about my sister and her friends , fighting. And helping my mother the injured. I remember that day all too well.

The school is done up nicely, but I doubt I'm going back. They don't teach anything medical, it's family business. Katniss never says I need to.

The new mayor has even tried getting my attention about building me a place as our own hospital. But I ignore him.

More months go by, and my daily walks go from wearing a simple sweater to boots and a coat.

I don't know what to do. I don't talk to Katniss, or anyone for the matter. I just walk around 12 solemnly or stay in my house, cuddled up with Buttercup.

I hear Katniss, screaming, or crying, but I don't ever go in. And it's weird. But today her cries were more. I wake up in the middle of the night, and just can't help running to her room. She's thrashing, which I had forgotten she does. "Katniss! Wake up!" I scream, I hold her arms down, I shake her, but it's no luck. After a few minutes she finally wakes with a start.

I exhale safely and help her calm down. "What's wrong?" I ask, and she says, "This morning is Peeta's birthday. January twentieth." I just hug her.