𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊.

season 3, episode 14

"eight days, eight million dollars"

"and we are open for business."

athena smiles as she walks past bailey and izzie who are looking at the new clinic. she's proud of both of them, proud of bailey for standing up for what she believes in and she's proud of izzie, for doing something good with the money that denny left her.

athena was on derek's service again. bailey lost a bet she made with the girl and agreed to let her be on derek's service for a week, although she thinks she'll end up being dragged to work in the clinic because of it being opening day. not that she'd mind, she became a doctor not just because of her parents but because she truly cares about people and wants to help them feel better, that's what's important to her.

as she enters the hospital, she sees burke and derek pestering the chief..again. this whole race for chief of surgery is exhausting and she's not even apart of it. she stands next to mark and addison, the trio are watching burke and derek try to fight over the chief's attention. "aren't you gonna get in there? you wanna be chief, you gotta fight with the big boys."

"oh, I intend to fight like a girl. i'll let them kill each other and then i'll be the only one left standing." athena and addison high five each other, she's the one who told the older woman to play it smart. let them tire each other out.

mark interrupts their little moment. "and then there's me. there you go underestimating me again."

athena side eyes the two of them. "you know it's pathetic," the two surgeons give her a weird look, telling her to clarify what she means. "they're fighting over richard's attention as if they're both new born puppies. it's weird, it's boring and dear god is it exhausting. you know i'm not even involved in this little race of yours but watching it play out? horrifying." addison and mark look at each other and then look at athena. "what? you weren't the ones who had to listen to derek talk about his idea the whole day. he's the reason i slept so well last night. practically bore me to death." addison and mark wisely decide to move on from the topic, obviously athena has some very strong opinions on the matter.

addison continues on their previous conversation. "oh, it's not that i underestimate you, it's just that I don't think about you. at all!"

mark smirks at athena. "thena definitely thinks about me." athena rolls her eyes, as does addison. athena may or may not have told addison about her and mark sleeping together. multiple times. of course, addison advised against it, she knows mark and she doesn't want him to hurt athena. how mark found out about their conversation? athena hasn't the foggiest, addison was sworn to keep it a secret and she trusts her.

mark leaves the two women to glare at the back of his head as he goes over to richard. "i was, uh, heading down to the clinic. it's opening today and i thought it might be nice to show doctor bailey a little support." mark points over to athena. "i know she's on derek's service but it might be nice for athena to come with us." bastard. athena muttered to herself, just loud enough for addison to hear and laugh at her comment.