𝑣𝑖𝑖𝑖.

season 2, episode 26

"izzie. his heart's barely beating. we need to call a code. i can't feel a pulse. izzie, we need to call a code!"

"no! i have a plan."

"he's crashing! i need to call the.." george is cut off by izzie

"no! if we call a code, they will rush him into surgery and replace his lvad and then he will stabilize. he needs to get worse if he's gonna get this heart."

"izzie, this is crazy."

"he has to get this heart. he will die waiting for another chance. you know he will."

"we have to call a code!"

"no! you press that code button, i will hurt you. not a lot, cause we're friends, but enough so that thing will break and you will lie on the floor out of my way." george tries to get her to change her mind but izzie isn't listening. "you have a decision to make. you can stay here and help me with this or you can go. what's it gonna be, george?"

sometime after, izzie is now pumping denny's heart manually and george is reading a computer. meredith and athena walk into the room.

"george's page said it was an emergency."

"you paged meredith? and athena?"

"we need help!"

"what the hell is going on?" athena stays silent. not long after the two girls had arrived to the room, cristina enters to check on denny as that is what burke asked her to do before his surgery.

"she cut his lvad wires!" george spits out quickly, panicked.

"what do you mean you cut his lvad wires?"

"are you trying to kill him?"

"i'm trying to save him. all i have to do is confirm that his condition is worse, then burke can call unos and he'll move up on the list and he will get his heart." cristina tries to tell izzie about burke but she is too busy talking about her plan that is going to save denny's life.

"burke's been shot!"

"burke's not coming?" the interns begin talking over each other, the conversation beginning to rise in volume. athena slides down the wall, tucked away in the corner as she covers her ears with her hands and tries to stay as calm as she can, her attempts are futile and her breathing begins to pick up. her fellow interns are too busy arguing they don't see the girl begin to shut down, they also don't see the girl page someone.

"denny's gonna die. denny's gonna die and i killed him." cristina threatens to leave the room, more worried about burke than izzie's stupid decisions. izzie notices athena in the corner, wrapped up into a ball. "athena! athena! get up! you have to help up, stop being a baby and help us. denny's going to die!" she begins shouting at athena to get her attention but this only makes the situation worse and athena pulls her legs closer into her body. cristina and meredith yell at izzie to back off, they then decide to run tests and confirm denny's condition themselves.