𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝

Hey peeps!! We're up to almost 70 readers! I know it's not much but it's still insane to me. I honestly thought that nobody would would even see this book at all so ty so much peeps!

Please do not be a silent reader! Comments make my day bc I'm writing this book for entertainment only! 

No trigger warnings, this is pretty much just a transitional chapter, making the plot slightly more smooth.                                          

It's short but I hope you enjoy peeps!

~A continuation of chapter 4 <33~

The walk back to the UA campus was completely silent, the only sound being the faint rustling of leaves under their feet. The heavy weight of unspoken words hung in the air, creating an uncomfortable tension between them. The momentarily soft Bakugou she had witnessed in the dark ally of the mall had vanished, revealing his usual brash and impulsive personality. It was as if their encounter had never happened, leaving her wondering if she had just imagined his vulnerable side amidst her panic. As they reached the campus gates, she couldn't help but feel a sense of disappointment, realizing that their connection might have been nothing more than an illusion.

The realization gnawed at her as they entered the well-lit campus. Bakugou's steps seemed purposeful, each one echoing with the resounding finality of their shared silence. She stole glances at him, trying to discern any lingering trace of the vulnerability she had glimpsed earlier. Instead, his stern expression and determined gait betrayed no indication of the softer side she thought she had witnessed.

The courtyard, usually buzzing with activity, now felt eerily quiet. The sun cast long shadows over the familiar surroundings, amplifying the solitude she felt. As they approached the main building, she summoned the courage to break the silence that had become an unwelcome companion.

"Bakugou," she started tentatively, the weight of her words matching the heaviness in the air. "About what happened back there—"

He cut her off with a dismissive wave of his hand, refusing to meet her gaze. "Forget it. It's not a big deal."

But it felt like a big deal. The unresolved tension lingered, and her disappointment transformed into a sense of frustration. She wanted to understand, to bridge the gap that had widened between them. As they rounded the corner of the hallway leading to the entrance of the Recovery Girls, she took a deep breath.

"I don't want it to be nothing," she admitted, her voice breaking the silence like a fragile whisper.

For a moment, Bakugou hesitated, his features softening imperceptibly. Yet, before he could respond, the nurse's door swung open, revealing the frail school nurse. The opportunity for further conversation slipped away as they entered, leaving the unspoken words suspended in the air, echoing in the quiet corridors of the UA campus.

"What are you kids doing here? School is supposed to be out for the next week!!" Recovery girl exclaimed, her voice a mix of concern and suspicion. Amaya was trying to find a way to explain her situation in a way that didn't entirely dehumanize herself, after all, she did want to keep what little dignity remained after the mall fiasco.

As she hesitated, Bakugou grew impatient, true to his nature. "We're here because she got attacked at the mall and completely lost it," he declared. She looked away, unable to bear the shame any longer. 'So much for preserving my dignity,' she thought, furious yet relieved that Bakugou had voiced it, though in an unconventional manner.

"Ah, I see," Recovery Girl nodded, stepping aside to allow her to enter the empty room. However, when Bakugou tried to follow Amaya in, he was promptly stopped. "What gives, lady?!" he demanded, his temper flaring rapidly.