▪︎ 08.

The teams came in, and so did Madam Hooch. As always, she was instructing the captains on a fair game and no fouls. The Slytherin Captain, however, looked like he was hearing the exact opposite.

Some Gryffindor students had specially made a banner for Harry. Potter for President, it was called, and Eliza noticed that the young boy actually looked up at it.

Within seconds, the players mounted their brooms. Any second now, they were going to kick off. Quidditch was popular – so popular that at given chance everyone would try out. That's what Eliza thought before she had her first flying lesson. After it, she felt like if she made through one flight trip, it'd be a win for her.

Madam Hooch gave a loud whistle with her whistle.

Fifteen or so brooms rose up to the air. The match had now begun. Everybody cheered for the team they were supporting. Whether it be Slytherin or Gryffindor, though it looked like there were many gold and scarlett colors than silver and green.

"And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor – what an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive, too —"

"JORDAN!"

"Sorry, Professor." Lee Jordan said. Percy, who was beside Eliza, rolled his eyes though a small smile tugged on his lips.

"And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Alicia Spinnet, a good find of Oliver Wood's, last year only a reserve – back to Johnson and – no, the Slytherins have taken the Quaffle, Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint gains the Quaffle and off he goes – Flint flying like an eagle up there – he's going to sc— no, stopped by an excellent move by Gryffindor Keeper Wood and the Gryffindors take the Quaffle – that's Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nice dive around Flint, off up the field and – OUCH – that must have hurt, hit in the back of the head by a Bludger – Quaffle taken by the Slytherins – that's Adrian Pucey speeding off toward the goal posts, but he's blocked by a second Bludger – sent his way by Fred or George Weasley, can't tell which – nice play by the Gryffindor Beater, anyway, and Johnson back in possession of the Quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes – she's really flying – dodges a speeding Bludger – the goal posts are ahead – come on, now, Angelina – Keeper Bletchley dives – misses – GRYFFINDORS SCORE!"

Everyone from Gryffindor cheered. James was yelling at the top of his lungs, and Rehan, who was, for the first time enjoying the sport, also shouted at the top of his lungs in excitement.

"No sleep is showing a change in Rehan, no?" Percy asked loudly through the massive yells, eyeing Rehan in amusement. Rehan usually didn't enjoy the game.

Eliza laughed loudly. "It seems so." She said back equally loud, for her to be overheard.

"Slytherin in possession," Lee Jordan said, "Chaser Pucey ducks two Bludgers, two Weasleys, and Chaser Bell, and speeds toward the – wait a moment – was that the Snitch?" Lee asked.

"Already?" Eliza asked herself in dismay. She wanted the match to go on a bit longer.

Adrian Pucey dropped the Quaffle as he looked over his shoulder. Harry dived downwards towards where he saw the Snitch. The crowd waited with holding breath as Harry and the Slytherin Seeker were neck and neck.

Captain Marcus Flint blocked Harry purposely.

"Foul!" Eliza yelled, and so did the other Gryffindors. Rehan was straight up cursing Marcus Flint.

"You scumbag! Worthless piece of shit! I'll—" Rehan was shouting, pointing his finger at the Slytherin Captain. His voice was so loud that even Oliver; who was guarding the posts, heard him and gave a surprised look.

"Woah! Chill there, lion," Claire said, pulling Rehan back down.

Gryffindor was given a free shot.

"So – after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating—" Lee said, speaking.

"Jordan!" Professor McGonagall growled.

"I mean, after that open and revolting foul—"

"Jordan, I'm warning you —"

"All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Gryffindor Seeker, which could happen to anyone, I'm sure, so a penalty to Gryffindor, taken by Spinnet, who puts it away, no trouble, and we continue play, Gryffindor still in possession." Lee spoke, his voice itching to call out the opposing team captain.

The match continued on. It was the peak of the moment, and everyone was paying attention and shouting at the ones who were creating a nuisance instead of letting others watch.

"Slytherin in possession – Flint with the Quaffle – passes Spinnet – passes Bell – hit hard in the face by a Bludger, hope it broke his nose – only joking, Professor – Slytherins score – A no..."

"What is Harry doing?" Percy asked, suddenly looking up in the air at Harry.

Eliza looked up to see what he was talking about. True, Harry's broom was behaving weirdly. It was moving in a zigzag manner, not like a proper broom. It rolled and rolled, and the poor boy was holding on for dear life.

At this point, everyone was looking at Harry with their binoculars or borrowing someone else's.

"Is the broomstick having a fit or something?" Claire asked.

Fred and George flew up to try and pull Harry safely onto one of their brooms, but it was no good – every time they got near him, the broom would jump higher.

They dropped lower and circled beneath him, obviously hoping to catch him if he fell.

"He looks like he might fall any second." James told concerningly.

Suddenly, Harry was able to use his broom properly. He clambered on to it finally and steadied himself.

"Look!" Percy said, looking through his binoculars at the teachers.

Haphazardly straining her binoculars, Eliza looked at what Percy was pointing at. Snape's cloak was on fire, and all the teachers were trying to set it off.

"I must go help!" Percy said, getting up.

Eliza pulled him back down. "Don't be daft. They'll handle it. By the time you go there, they'll set it out."

Percy frowned at Eliza. What was this girl's deal? He wanted to go help, and he should be. He was a Prefect, after all.

Stiffly, he sat back down. A troubled feeling in him made him uneasy. He should really stop talking to Eliza. She was bad news, according to him.

Harry was now speeding to the ground. A hand on his mouth, he looked like he was going to puke.

But a minute or two later, he pulled something out of his mouth: The Snitch. The match had ended.

Eliza and the rest of the Gryffindors were celebrating, Percy too was cheering goofily. They shouted cheers as Gryffindor won by one hundred and seventy to sixty.

Down, Flint was making a ruckus. "He didn't catch it. He nearly swallowed it," but Harry had not broken any rules, securing his win.

"That was epic." Eliza said as they went back to the party in the common room.

***

Just completed their kiss. Send some help for me. (I'm lonely)