4- Tying the Knot

Chapter 4

Airalyn

That's my name! Why is my name permanently inked too his side!? Is this some kind of f!cking sick joke!? Did Ella know about this!?

I wanted to scream at him all my questions, but he can't see that it bothering me-Ella whoever I am!

I'll ask him more about my name later...

"S-so, uh, are you going to change into a tux?" I asked him, trying to be normal; but I am completely f!cking freaked out!

He threw his head back and laughed, a warm, rich sound. "You apparently don't know that much about Black Woods traditions,"

Obviously.

"We do things a little differently around here. I was wondering why you're wearing a wedding dress. It's not really suited for the day's activities." I wasn't sure I liked the amused smirk on his face.

What kind of activities are we talking about here?

He grabbed me by my hand and led me out to his big Ford F250. He was still stark naked, but we shifters are used to that. One of the men standing near Easton's truck raised an eyebrow, and reached into the bed of the truck. He pulled out a pair of jeans and handed them to Easton, who stepped into them and zipped them up.

Now he just stood there, bare-cheated, with that sexy leather strip of a necklace and the jeans. His abs looked as if they'd been carved with a chisel. Just looking at him sent ripples of heat through my body.

"Sounded like things got a little heated in there," the man said.

Not the best way to use the word heated right now, buddy!

The man was a dead ringer of Easton, but looked a few years younger.

Easton smirked, "He left with his tail between his legs," he shrugged. I could see a truck driving off very quickly into the distance, followed by several others. It looked as if Mark and his family was leaving the property.

The man looked me over curiously. "She's not going to be able to run too fast in that getup," another guy said.

Run? Why would I need to run on my wedding day?

I suddenly felt very out of place in my illusory gown and veil. I thought this was the perfect wedding day outfit. Should I have had the shaman conjure up jeans and a tank top?

"She'll change later," Easton said. "There's been a change in the plan. I'm taking her to the parson to be married right now, and then we'll come back over to the reception hall in a couple of hours. Don't worry, we'll be at the feast, and we'll still do the Running and Claiming this afternoon."

Running and Claiming?

I knew that every pack had their own unique wedding traditions, especially for their Alphas. But this is weird.

I hadn't bothered to study up on Black Woods, because I refused to acknowledge this as my real wedding day. Maybe I should have done a little more research...

I barely had time to wonder what id gotten myself into, when all the other wolves threw back heads and howled their approval.

"He can't wait to get her back to the bridal chamber!" one of them yelled.

"Maybe she'll outrun him. I'll claim her any day of the week, if he can't catch her!" another howled, making Easton snap.

"Watch it," he growled at him. "And don't worry, I will catch her and I will be Claiming her." He smirked proudly in my direction.