Chapter 1 T̶h̶e̶ ̶H̶e̶r̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶r̶i̶n̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ The Beginning

If you haven't played or seen "Slay the princess" I would suggest you go and watch or play it. It's a really fun story.

____________________________________________________________

The Narrator

"You're on a path in the woods. And at the end of that path is a cabin. And in the basement of that cabin is a princes-...."

...

First person Pov

You were walking. You don't know how long and for how much time you have been for or even why you began to walk in the first place. You don't even know where this place ended and started, nor did you know where this place was.

All around you was a complete pitch-black void. The only thing to illuminate the space around you was a pathway of small glimmering lights that stretched on endlessly in a single direction that you were walking on for.... an eternity or was it just a week? After all you still have some memories although they were quite useless. It was just about a game. Nothing about your name, former life or family... if you had family.

You kept walking. Nothing was happening. Why were you even walking in the first place? It was probably because there was nothing else but this. You look down slightly while walking to see the same small holographic screen with six options with the sixth one being grayed out. It had been there since the start or from your earliest memory of being here.

____________________________________________________________

History     Save     Load     Q.Save     Q.Load     Prefs

____________________________________________________________

They all seemed familiar but of course they seemed familiar because they looked like the buttons used in that game. You had already checked all of them, they were all empty. There was no history. No save stats and when you clicked on Q.Load nothing happened.

So, you just kept walking, 

and walking 

and walking

..........

You then paused as you turned your head to the side. You had heard something. For the first time in what had seemed forever you stepped off the path.

You began walking to where you heard the noise as it grew louder the more you walked towards it. Your vision and mind began to fail you, as you begin to quickly grow dizzy as your slowly fizzled out of that space of existence.

Then you then wake up.

....

Third person Pov

Their eyes open wide as they begin to try to breath in and out, but they couldn't breathe. His eyes darted around but what was strange was their body were moving without any input as it continuously moved forward. It just suddenly felt... alive. Although, "His" body feels different and coated in some kind of fur or feathers. He can't tell.  What was strange was everything was black, white and gray. A sort of monochrome. 

Although it didn't feel out of place. After all the only thing it remembers is that game having the same color pattern and that path only having black and white. 

They realized were on a path of some sort in the woods. It all seemed familiar. It took a couple seconds before he realized it was familiar because he had seen it all before.