People Need to Leave Me Alone!

Before you could leave, you saw Chiron stop the taxi and point to Percy, indicating him to come out. He saw the shoes and warned Percy not to use them, as the air was not a safe space for him. He offered the shoes to you but you told him you didn't need them, ignoring the heat making its way up your neck at the thought of being his first choice. He simply just nodded and handed them to Grover instead, who looked ecstatic to be given a gift. You had to hold him down as he put the shoes on and he started flying out of control.

After Chiron finished talking to Percy, you all got in the taxi, again, as Argus drove toward the city. This time, Percy sat in between you and Annabeth, but you noticed he was leaning more on your side. You decided to ignore it, it probably meant nothing. He soon asked Annabeth why she hated him, which was funny since you knew it was far from the truth, more like the opposite.

"I don't hate you," Annabeth replied curtly while looking straight forward to avoid looking at Percy.

"Could've fooled me," Percy sassily replied. 

"Look... we're just not supposed to get along, okay? Our parents are rivals."

"But Y/N doesn't hate me and I'm pretty sure her dad absolutely hates mine more than my dad hates your mom. So, why?"

"How many reasons do you want? One time my mom caught Poseidon with his girlfriend in Athena's temple, which is hugely disrespectful. Another time, Athena and Poseidon competed to be the patron of the city of Athens. Your dad created some stupid saltwater spring for his gift, my mom created the olive tree, the people saw that her gift was better, so they named the city after her. "

"They must really like olives," Percy concluded, you chuckled at that before Annabeth stared you down and you looked away. 

"Oh, forget it,"

"Now, if she'd invented pizza-- that I could understand."

"I said, forget it!" she said before turning her head to look out the window as she held on tightly to her invisibility cap. Percy turned to look at you in hopes that you would be on your side, but you just silently snickered and looked away. 

Once you guys had reached the Greyhound Station, you all made your way over to your designated station and after receiving your tickets, Argus waved goodbye and then drove away. You stood nearby, silently listening to Grover and Percy's conversation, as Grover explained why Gabe was such an important part of his life; unfortunately. And how his presence kept him safe. You were confused as you took in Percy's expression, like something wasn't fully correct, or as if he wasn't being honest. Once again, you just ignored it and looked away. 

As you were waiting you all played a game of hacky sack, which Annabeth was scarily good at, you were silently analyzing your conversation with Luke. What was his issue? He was acting like you couldn't beat his ass at any given moment, without powers, and even if you knew what powers you had, you would never need his protection. 

Percy noticed your spaced-out look and came up to you. Luckily, the bus had arrived before he got a word out. 

You all took your seats in the back before all of you noticed Grover tensing up. 

"What is it?" Percy asked

"I don't know," he said tensely. "Maybe it's nothing" but all of you could tell it wasn't nothing. Everyone turned to look at the front of the bus before you finally saw it: three furies in disguise entering the bus. They stared you and Percy down before sitting down at the front of the bus and crossing their legs across the aisle. A seemingly innocent action but you all knew what it meant: nobody leaves. You all hurriedly tried to look for an alternate exit but there was none. None of you were getting out of there safe.

The three old ladies exclaimed they needed to use the bathroom in the back, where you were seated. Annabeth urged Percy to take her hat and become invisible and let them pass him, as he was the one they wanted. 

"There's an outside chance they might not notice us. You're a son of the big three. Your smell might be overpowering."

"What about me?" You asked Annabeth since his issue was also currently your issue. 

"Yeah, what about her?" Percy asked at the same time since he was a little worried you didn't have any protection. 

"She's got more training than you, she's smarter, and she's not the one they want. Put it on." she handed him the cap and with great hesitance, he put it on. Obviously, none of you could see him, so you just had to blindly hope he was doing it right. But Percy being Percy, just had to mess it up.

The furies got pissed that they could find him and started yelling and hissing and thrashing around. The mortals clearly saw something, and they all started yelling and being confused. All of a sudden, the bus took a sharp left and everyone thrashed around, including the furies. Then when the bus driver managed to somehow find an exit. The emergency brake was hit and all doors flew open and people ran out.

You pulled out your sword and Annabeth pulled out her dagger while Grover just threw tin cans at the furies. Both you and Annabeth started threatening the furies in Ancient Greek, demanding they leave you alone or they'll be going back to Tartarus. 

However, before any of you could do anything, Percy then took the hat off and yelled "Hey!" effectively grabbing the furies attention. The one you assumed was Mrs.Dodds immediately turned around and slowly started walking toward Percy, while her two ugly sisters were crawling their way toward him as well. 

"Perseus Jackson," Mrs.Dodds said in an accent that was definitely from somewhere farther south than Georgia. "You have offended the gods. You shall die."

"I liked you better as a teacher," he told her. She growled. He saw the three of you approach the furies from behind carefully, looking for an alternate way out when he pulled out Riptide and saw the three furies hesitate, they must know about the history of the sword too, and of course, Mrs.Dodds had already been killed by said sword so she wouldn't really be happy about seeing it again. 

"Submit now," she hissed. "And you will not suffer eternal torment."

"Nice try."

"Percy look out!" you yelled at him as Mrs.Dodds lashed her whip around his sword hand while the furies lunged at him from both sides. Annabeth got Mrs.Dodds in a chokehold while Grover ripped the whip away from her hand, but not before screaming "Ow! Ow! Hot! Hot!" in a girly little voice. You laughed a little before taking your sword and lunging at the fury that was sneaking up on Percy, successfully killing it. Leaving just two of the sisters now. 

"Zeus will destroy you!" she promised. "Hades will have your soul. And you," she said as she turned to face you as best she could with Annabeth latching on. "You will pay for your crimes, your father's word means nothing right now, and when I get the chance I will kill you."

As soon as she said that, thunder shook the bus and Annabeth yelled at all of you to get out. So you did. You ran outside as fast as you could until you were a slightly safe distance away, before turning around and seeing the bus explode... with all your stuff inside. You heard Mrs. Dodds screaming which meant she wasn't dead, yet, and was instead calling for reinforcements. Annabeth yelled at you to run, and run you did, towards the woods and hopefully out of Mrs. Dodds's sight. 

Yeah, not a great start for a quest. 

Guys i hate apush so much.

Edit: ok so i was checking and it turns out this chapter never posted when it was supposed to!!! (friday) dont really know what happened so sorry. good news though, sinc eit is tuesday you are also getting another one later today and not that late or short because your gilr has a snow day, bless up elsa.