Percy Jackson was Granted a Quest... And I'm invited

The next couple of days after Percy was claimed were silent. You were right, in multiple ways. 1: That he was Poseidon's son. And 2: people were avoiding him. You felt bad for the kid, you knew how it felt to be isolated simply because of your heritage that you didn't get to choose and so you sympathized with him and stuck with him. Your tables were right next to each other so you guys ate, somewhat, next to each other. After his Greek lessons with Annabeth, in which he complained about how she ignored him half of the time, you would show him how your daily routine was when you were first claimed. You talked to him about how it was hard being all alone with no one around to help you, besides the small interactions with Grover and Annabeth, and how he had to learn how to take care of himself with no type of guidance. This all came to a stop when you were woken up by Annabeth as she saw Percy and Chiron walk over to the big house one day early in the morning. 

It was still dark when you both made it inside as you saw Percy heading up the flight of stairs, most likely to the Oracle. This meant he was receiving a quest, or a prophecy, either way, the four of you waited anxiously downstairs until Percy came back down.

When he finally decided to leave the attic, he was surprised to see you there (Annabeth had her invisible cap on) as he reiterated the new information that he had found. He was to go on a quest west to find Zeus' missing lightning bolt before the summer solstice. He had ten days to go across the country, (obviously, he couldn't take a plane... he'd be dead) into the Underworld, find the bolt, go back across the country, and return it before a war started and the world would go up in flames. Oh boy.

You knew that quests usually only happened in trios, and you had a feeling he would want to take Annabeth and Grover, as Annabeth was his current teacher and the smartest in the camp and Grover was his best friend, so you just wished him good luck and started walking out as Annabeth took off her invisibility cap which had Percy jumping in his seat. It wasn't long before he got confused and asked where you were going.

"I'm going back to sleep? My bed is making some serious calls and I'm having a hard time ignoring her." You told him as you yawned and rubbed your eyes to show your very obvious desire to go back to sleep.

"Don't you want to hear about the quest?" Percy asked in a little whiny tone, he had assumed you were going with him since it was your dad's issue and he felt he could certainly use the help. Plus, it allowed him to spend more time with you, if he didn't die that is. 

"Well, not really since I won't be going." You automatically assumed. You didn't really feel the need to go on this quest, whether you wanted to or not. 

"What do you mean? Of course, you are. If I were to take anyone on a quest, especially if it's about your dad, then I would obviously need you." Percy argued, he refused to allow you to think he wouldn't need you, not when you have been the only solid friend he has made so far at camp. He already knew Grover, Annabeth had a sudden attitude towards him lately, and Luke was being especially hard when training him, you were the only nice one. 

"Oh, I just assumed you'd be taking Annabeth and Grover, obviously."

"Obviously? What do you mean?" Percy stressed as he got up and walked towards you.

"Well, you need Annabeth because she's so smart and will probably be the reason this quest doesn't fail, not to mention she's been waiting on a quest for years. And Grover is your best friend. Plus, quests don't normally have more than three people, it's considered bad luck."

"Well two gods already want to kill me, I think I'll be fine if an extra person comes along."

"You really want me there?"

"I think we need you there. You're powerful and you've been on a quest before, the rest of us haven't."  He turned around and gestured to a prissy Annabeth and a sheepish Grover. "Please."

"Well if you want me so bad ok, damn." You smiled and turned to sit back down as everyone discussed the quest and all of your roles.

"No time to waste," said Chiron. "I think you should all get packing."

Short filler chapter as it is out of my established posting times but I was kind of excited so I decided to just post it really quick. I'm trying to write as many chapters as possible so that when Tuesdays and Fridays come along, you guys get more than just one chapter a day. I remember hating when authors would make excuses or forget to post, or when they do, it's the shortest thing ever. Or like they're in the hospital or something like bitch you got all that free time write a lil sum babe. 

Once again hope you enjoyed and please comment with your thoughts!! Also comment on what you guys would like to see in the future chapters, obviously regarding the events of the book, those will obviously be included. 

Also, what do you guys think of the new show? I LOVE IT. There have been some changes to the story but they're not bad ones at all and I think it makes the show its own little version while still being true to the books, I love it!

You shall go west, and face the god that has turned. you shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned. you shall be betrayed by the one who calls you a friend. and you shall fail to save what matters most, in the end.