𝟮𝟭 - 𝟭 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙧

∆∆∆

"Y/N! JUMP!" Kuina yelled across the now demolished bridge that once cars were riding along to work on.

"Do you want me dead?" Y/n asked the girl confused staring at the gap between her and her friends.

"OH MY GOD! We don't have time for this! JUST JUMP!" She yelled again as the screaming got closer and the shots got louder.

"Don't overthink it." Chishiya chose a comforting yet not so comforting approach but nevertheless the man wanted and needed for her to get across safe. He couldn't take the risk of her getting shot.

"Oh my fucking god..." She mumbled as she looked down the gap. The floor seemed so far away with sharp car parts sticking out like daggers. She felt like she was in another game, which she was. The girl knew the second those shots started a game has begun and everybody was a part of it. The entire city was the arena.

She backed up a bit, she needed to jump now since the shots were getting too loud, they were close, very close. That didn't help the nervous breakdown she was having in her head by now. She took a few deep breaths and got ready before sprinting towards the edge and bouncing herself off the hardest she could. The feeling she got in the air, like she was flying, was the only good thing she felt in the past hour, well except for her talk with Chishiya earlier. The girl saw them getting closer and closer, she reached out her hand and Chishiya did the same, standing at the very edge to catch her when...

1 HOUR EARLIER...

"So when does it start?" Kuina questioned as the group was finally kissed by the sun of daylight and out of the slimey train station.

"In an hour." Y/n answered her as they made their way to the center of the street but Chishiya grabbed her hand and pulled her back from the rest of the group.

"Me and Y/n will be back in 45 minutes." Chishiya declared as he started to walk away, dragging the girl along with him.

"Wait what?!" Arisu exclaimed surprised as he watched Chishiya walk away hand in hand with Y/n.

"We have an hour. Why not waste it on something useful?" Chishiya told him as the two left an astonished Arisu, confused Usagi and a smirking Kuina.

"Oh my god! They're gonna fuck... Finally!" She beamed as she laughed and dropped onto the concrete, laying and looking at the blue sky.

"W-w-what..." Arisu looked absolutely horrified, as if he hasn't spent the past week on the beach.

"Seriously Usagi... What do you see in him..?" Kuina looked at Arisu half disgusted before rolling her eyes and closing them, enjoying some quiet time while she could.

∆∆∆

"So where are we going?" Y/n asked the man who still held onto her hand even though she was walking right beside him.

"I wanna take you on a date." Chishiya spoke calmly, a small smile appearing on his lips as he continued to walk forward, looking for the place he wanted to take her.

"What." She stopped in her tracks and looked at him confused. He stopped and looked back, a questioning smile on his face as if silently asking what the big deal was. "Why?"

"I thought it was obvious. I'd like to pursue you." He answered and smiled yet again before continuing to walk forward, Y/n slowly following. "Do you not want me to?"

"No it's not that, just... Well I wasn't sure where we really left off since the whole thing that happened at the beach and... I'm glad to know now." She smiled back up at him and he nodded.

"I'm glad too. When you told me you didn't trust me at the beach, it opened my eyes. Made me realize how I didn't care what you thought about me as long as you were safe. I was ready to make you hate me if it meant you would be out of this place, I still am." He confessed and the smile on her face grew even more if possible, he was opening up to her, a lot, and she approciated that.

"You know what's crazy? We don't really know anything about each other." Her smile weakened as she said that. She had no idea who he was before Borderland and neither did he know who she was.

"What do you mean? Yeah we do. Your favourite color is (f/c), you prefer sour over sweet, the taste of coffee is too bitter so you always rather make yourself hot chocolate. You enjoy spicy food, especially when it's rice cakes. You play chess because it finally makes you feel in control, something your life never did." As he spoke Y/n looked at him, she was surprised. He didn't need to know her past to know her. Y/n has always been shaped by the past, she thought it made her who she was but seeing Chishiya talk so much about her, she realized it wasn't. Her past isn't the thing that shaped her.

"Wow... How do you remember all that?" She asked him but personally Chishiya didn't know either, he just does.

"Well... I listen when you talk." He put it simply and Y/n smiled. She didn't expect him to act the way it did, it was so unlike him, or that's what she would've thought if she didn't know him. The way he acted at the beach, and how he presents himself in front of others turned out to be different then how he truly acted and felt. She learnt that over the time they spent together, over the many chess games.

"Alright stranger. Where are you taking me?" She asked curiously and Chishiya put a finger to his lips.

"Not saying anything. It's a secret, a surprise." He spoke and Y/n laughed, not believing him.

"Are you serious? Come on! Tell me!" The boy himself laughed as she tugged on his arm but he wasn't one to give in so easily, the two continuing to walk to wherever Chishiya had planned.

∆∆∆
A/N

Love you all, happy new year and christmas!<3

Don't forget to vote!<33