FEET AND WHEELS

Gombe, Nigeria.

5th March, 2013

The enthusiastic shout of "GOOOOOAL!" reverberated through the hotel lobby, blending harmoniously with the chorus of cheers from other patrons.

"Oh, what a moment!" exclaimed the commentator on the television. "Ronaldo, the prodigal son, back at Old Trafford, has conjured something truly extraordinary. He has just turned the tie on its head, Real Madrid now ahead, 3-2 on aggregate."

Yusuf, Abdurrazaq, and Ayman's expressions tightened with hope as they yearned for Manchester United to stage a comeback. However, their aspirations crumbled when the final whistle blew, leaving the score unchanged.

"That Ronaldo goal was poetry in motion," Khalid grinned, savoring the triumph. 

"Absolutely." Abba nodded. "No defender or keeper could have stopped that. We're talking about a classic Ronaldo move."

"Please, please. It was just a lucky break," Yusuf retorted, rolling his eyes. "We'll get you guys next time."

Khalid shot him a mocking smile. "It'll take a legendary comeback for you guys to do that."

Just then, Khalid's phone rang, prompting him to excuse himself for the call. Ayman seized the opportunity to interject, "So, congratulations! You've won a ticket to the quarterfinals. Not like you'll go much further."

Abba responded confidently, "Oh, we're going far. The Champions League is calling, my friends."

The banter continued for the next half-hour until they realized the lobby was nearly empty.

"How far? Where Khalid go?" Abba inquired.

"He's still on the phone; check outside," Yusuf suggested.

As Ayman rose to investigate, Khalid reappeared. "You're still having marathon calls with someone you're marrying tomorrow?" Abdurrazaq teased.

"As in, babe he'll be seeing you for the rest of his life o," Ayman added.

"Abeg," Khalid hissed. "You guys will not understand."

"Tirr!" They burst into laughter as they headed to their room, only to discover that Khalid had forgotten their keycard on the table downstairs.

"Too much love, you don dey forget things. Na wa."

After retrieving the keycard, they entered the room, with Khalid heading straight for the shower. As he approached the bathroom, he blurted, "I can't believe this is my last shower as a bachelor."

Laughter erupted from the group as Yusuf responded, "Shey you no go bathe tomorrow morning?"

---

6th March, 2013.

The hotel lobby buzzed with anticipation as Khalid's friends gathered, preparing to depart for the Wedding Fatiha. Khalid, confidently attired in his white babbar riga adorned with intricate aska tara traditional embroidery, completed his look with a k3ndai cap that accentuated his facial features flawlessly.

"How far? Is the car ready?" Khalid turned to Yusuf. "You know angos like us are not supposed to be stressing themselves, anyway. You can't relate."

Yusuf shook his head, offering a congenial smile. "It's your day, so you get a pass with whatever. That is my wedding gift to you."

"Nice try," Khalid responded with a playful smirk. "Better get my gift ready."