2.) The Idea

The next morning, as Jonathyn was getting fruit for a snack, he dropped a blackberry on the floor. Before he went to pick it up, his mom had noticed and yelled at him, "I saw that! How could you? I just cleaned these floors! It's not an easy job, you know!"  She stormed over to Jonathyn and slapped him right across the face. "I'll clean it up, I promise!" Jonathyn responded, tearing up. 

"You better! And stop crying! Do you want me to give you a reason to cry?" 

"No, no! Please! I'll clean it!" Jonathyn put the fruit on the island and took the materials to clean it up. When he was done, he ate, with the tears still lingering in his eyes. When he was done, he washed his dish and put it away. He ran upstairs to the bathroom, then looked at his face. He had a hand mark on his right cheek. He teared up again, running to his room and locking himself in. He cried in his bed for a little, then wiped his tears.

(time skip three days <33)

As Jonathyn was brushing his teeth, getting ready for bed, his dad walked in and claimed Jonathyn had stolen his father's best cologne. "I know you took my cologne, J! Give it back or you'll pay!" Jonathyn didn't take his cologne though; he didn't even know what cologne was. "I didn't!" As Jonathyn said those words, he saw a fist slowly lifting. 

"Tell me where it is!" His father yelled.

 "I don't know! I didn't take it!" 

As he saw his father's fist coming straight for his nose, the things he had lived through in the past 4 days flashed in his memories. He had bruises on his legs from getting pushed down the stairs, a bruise on his cheek from getting slapped twice, a scratch on his arm from the mean cat, the yelling his parents had done, the bruise on his chest from getting pushed over on "accident", and the scab on his foot from his parents leaving a nail on the floor, letting him step on it. There was about to be new ones. A black eye and bloody nose. His fathers fist collided with his face, making the blood leak out of his nose quickly. His father left, realizing the cologne was on the bathroom counter. The whole time. As Jonathyn cleaned up, he had an idea. Not a good one, but not a bad one. He could pack up and run away. He decided to do it that night, so he darted u the stairs and into his room.

He locked the door behind him, panting. He ran to his bag and put his belongings into it. He didn't have much, just enough to fit in a side bag. He changed out of his pajamas, and waited until it was later in the night, almost 12 am. He snuck out of his room, trying to go down the stairs as quietly as possible, to not wake his parents. He took some food and put it in his bag, as well as his moms sewing kit. He never knew what could happen.

He snuck to the front door, stopping to take a few lighters from his parents cigarette drawer. "Gross." He whispered. He took about four of the lighters with the best fluid and grabbed a hundred bucks. He knew there was woods behind the house, so he ran as quickly as possible out the door and behind the house.