🪼⋆.ೃ࿔*:・Waiting. .ೃ࿔*:・🪼

Notes: I most likely won't be adding the stuff Percy, Annabeth, and Tyson face on their quest, like CC, most of Clarisse, etc.) I kinda want to get straight to the point. (AKA, PERCY SAVING GROVER) :p

(Grover's POV)

Since I've gotten here, I've mostly had to wait. I think perhaps it's been four days since I talked to Percy last. I'm praying he's on his way to the island. I wonder who he's chosen to come with him. He surely isn't going alone? no, of course not. He probably brought Annabeth. my stomach hurts a little when I think of Annabeth. And Percy. Together.. I don't know why. It's a little weird to think about. I'll think of something else.

....

Does Annabeth like Percy? Not that I'd be against it.. I don't know. Maybe I would be. no, no, jealousy is wrong, Grover. I tell myself. Annabeth can be his best friend too. I decide. But.. I really don't want to share. Is that selfish? It probably is.

                                                                                                  ....

Does Percy consider Annabeth his best friend? I mean, I have been gone for a while.. I wouldn't be exactly suprised if I was replaced.

                                                                                                  ....

But would he really do that?? That's really depressing. -for me. of course. I wonder how long it will take for Percy to arrive. Maybe he won't.. maybe he's forgotten about me again. No, Percy wouldn't!! Or would he? Ugh.. I don't know.

I sit down on the bed in the bedroom I'm held captive in and bury my face into a pillow, trying not to cry. I crawl into a fetal position, head still in the pillow. I guess I know why no satyrs have found Pan yet. They're drawn to the golden fleece on the island. Like.. how a moth is drawn to a flame. And I fell for it.

I feel my eyes burn. I've cried so much, I'm suprised I haven't run out of tears. my vision goes blurry and drops drift down my cheeks. I bury my face deeper into the blanket.

"Grover?" I hear Percy's voice. I leap up, forgetting I was just crying.

"Percy!!" I smile. I feel relieved.

"Are you okay??" He asks, obviously noticing my state.

"Oh.. Um.. yeah." I sniffle, trying to move away from the subject. "I'm so glad you didn't forget!"

"How could I forget, dude??" He Laughs. "You're my best friend!" I grin and feel my face turn pink. It feels good to know he still considers me his best friend. "Look, we'll be there soon. I promise." He tells me. I nod as I resume unraveling the wedding train.

"How long will you need to get here??" I ask.

"Me and Annabeth should be there in a few days." My stomach sinks. I just knew he would bring Annabeth. Whatever. I should be grateful. "But.. I have to warn you." He adds.

"Hm?" I hum.

"Clarisse might get there first."

"WHAT?!" My jaw drops. "What is she headed here for??" I know she's definetly not coming to save me.  

"She's been chosen to retrieve the golden fleece." Percy replies hastily. Of course they would choose her.

"Okay.. Where are you right now?" 

"I'm still at camp. but me and Annabeth found your coordinates. So that should make the trip a whole lot easier." He explains.

"Wait, but how did you find my coordinates?" I question. 

"It's a long story. Also, I kinda have a brother now?" He adds.

"Wow.. I feel like I'm missing out." I say dramatically, and pretending to cry. Percy chuckles.

"I'll tell you more about it soon." He says, still trying to hold in his laughter.

"Okay, but no joke, please get here soon, I've decided I don't want to be a cyclops bride." I say, half joking.

"Yeah, no, of course! I'll be there soon!" He grins.

"Sweet dreams! Don't let me die!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Percy's POV)

"There's no way Tantalus will allow us to go there. THE SEA OF MONSTERS? Are you crazy?!" Annabeth tells me.

"Maybe if we tell him tonight. At the campfire. Maybe he'll give into pressure." I retaliate. She hesitates before nodding. "Oh.. and if Tyson wants to, he should be able to come." I add. She freezes before shaking her head and walking off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOUR DAYS. It took FOUR DAYS to be able to bring it up. And he didn't even choose me or Annabeth. HE CHOSE CLARISSE.

"I don't care. Either way, without you or not, I'll go to save Grover." I tell Annabeth.

"I didn't say I wouldn't come! Don't put words in my mouth." She glares. "Can you really blame me if I said I didn't want to travel with him?"

"Yes. I can." I decide. "I think it's selfish, and also completely rude of you to even suggest that." I glare back. "Tyson is my brother. He can come if he wants to."

"Wants to!" Tyson adds.

She sighs before turning to me. "Look, I'm sorry.. But fine. He can come."

"I'm not the one you need to apologize to." I say. She turns to Tyson.

"I'm.. Sorry Tyson." She continues. "You can come with us!" I visibly saw Tyson brighten. 

"Alright! This trip has been delayed enough. We'll head out tomorrow." I confirm. They both do nods of approval.

NOTES- TMRW IS MY BDAY! (jan 10) (*ᴗ͈ˬᴗ͈)ꕤ*.゚ WAAA SEW EXCIZTEDD !