right where you left me

present day:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wow Jules, you should really work on your aim." Someone said behind me with a laugh.

I stopped moving.

Jules? Wait it can't be-

I take off the headset and turn around. It was in fact, him.

"Walker..?" I said confused.

"That's my name." He said with a grin.

He was taller then me now, maybe a little under six foot. That was about all that changed though. He still had those same ocean blue eyes, messy blond curls, and a goofy smile as he leaned on the doorframe.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, still puzzled as to why he was in my house.

"I'm here for dinner, duh." He said, walking into the room.

"Okay..."

Why did my parents not tell me? I haven't talked to Walker in years after his girlfriend decided she didn't like me and he sided with her, and now he's here for dinner? It didn't matter though because-

"Cool setup." Walker said looking around the room, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, it's mostly Amis stuff though." I said, briefly making eye contact with him before looking down and picking at my nails.

"So...I take it you didn't know I was coming." Walker asked in an expression I couldn't read.

"Nope.." I replied, laughing awkwardly.

"Look Jules....I-"

Walker was cut off by the sound of the door bursting open. Tanner tan into the room and looked around.

"jj!" Tanner exclaimed as he spotted me before pulling me into a hug.

"Oh my gosh Tanner, since when are you tall?!"

The little boy who was about 4'9 and in elementary when I met him was now almost my height and starting to lose his baby face.

"What can I say, I've been eating my vegetables." He said with a shrug and a grin almost identical to Walker's.

"Yeah right, I'll believe it when I see it." I said which made us both laugh.

"Wait so does that mean Leena's here too??" I asked.

"Yes she is...but you're not happy to see me?" Tanner said, starting to fake cry.

"Of course I am!" I said pulling him into another hug. "I'm just more excited to see Leena." I said with a wink before racing down the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walked downstairs to find that the Garner family was also here. My parents, Jen and her boyfriend, and the Reynolds were all conversing while my mom and dad were cooking. Jen's kids, Inez, and James all played together in the living room. I scanned the room to find Leena standing in the corner.

"Leena!" I exclaimed, running up to her and pulling her into a hug.

"Juliette! I missed you so much!!" She said hugging me tightly before stepping back.